Sammons Financial Group is looking for a Senior .NET Developer fluent in C++.NET and VB.NET. Microsoft certifications would be nice. Plusses would be experience in; C#.NET, XML, VB6, VBA, Team Foundation Server, Installshield, and Crystal Reports.
Collaborate with analysts, designers, and programmers in conceptualizing and development of new software programs and applications.
Perform technical tasks, detailed analyses, and interpretation of technical problems requiring expertise and/or specialized knowledge in a systematic manner; apply subject matter expertise unique to the discipline.
Exhibit expert understanding of the organization’s Systems Development Life Cycle
Play a leading role in the definition, development, and documentation of software’s requirements, objectives, deliverables, and specifications on a project-by-project basis in collaboration with internal users and departments.
Play a leading role in defining software development project plans, including scoping, scheduling, and implementation.
Prepare and/or interpret business, functional, and non-functional requirements; create and maintain user-oriented applications and design specifications.
Develop, test, document and implement applications according to standards and methodologies.
Design, implement and maintain databases. Follow database standards and integrity controls, analyze information requirements, and develop database specifications.
Plan, coordinate, and implement security measures to safeguard information resources against accidental or unauthorized modification, destruction, or disclosure.
Design, run and monitor software functional and performance tests on new and existing programs for the purposes of correcting errors, isolating areas for improvement, and general debugging; administer critical analysis of test results and deliver solutions to problem areas.
Recommend, schedule, and perform software improvements and upgrades.
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science, information science, management information systems plus a minimum of 8 years IT development experience or equivalent
- Effective verbal and written communications skills and the ability to communicate with business partners and other IT staff
- Problem solving skills sufficient to perform research and recommend a proposed solution to problems
- Able to work on multiple tasks and meet established deadlines
- Able to effectively direct and coordinate the work of other team members on a project without having HR management responsibility for them
- Knowledge of computer programming languages as required for the system