This position will be primarily responsible for advising employees on eligibility, provisions, and other matters related to benefits such as basic and major medical coverage, dental insurance, group life insurance, pension plans, and other benefits.
Under general supervision, provides moderate to complex administrative support to one or more functional areas within human resources, such as recruitment/staffing, personnel records, employee relations, compensation, benefits, HRIS and/or training.
- Maintains benefits records and documents necessary for implementing benefits coverage.
- Assists in the preparation of employee benefits and booklets and other employee benefits communications.
- Performs a variety of administrative tasks such as data entry, answering phones, filing, and faxing.
- Processes various application, employment, enrollment, pay change information and other confidential forms.
- Gathers information and prepares standard reports.
- Maintains and distributes current employee information, policy and procedure manuals and other communications.
- May perform duties involving employee communication, responding to basic and complex information requests including but not limited to benefits information, employee status changes, recruitment and onboarding processes, questions on human resources policies and procedures or identifying potential issues.
- Operates a computer terminal and/or personal computer, communication systems such as telephone, voicemail and email and other standard office equipment.
- Relies on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals; primary job functions typically require a certain degree of independent judgment.
- Responsible for performing job duties in accordance with mission, vision and values of Tampa General Hospital.
- High School Diploma or GED and 2+ Years HR Experience
OR Associate Degree and 1+ Years HR Experience
- Working Knowledge of Microsoft Suite of Products; Intermediate Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel Preferred;
- Peoplesoft and Taleo Knowledge Preferred.