The team is responsible for the installation of new systems, applications, and prerequisite software releases and upgrades, evaluation and installation of patches, and resolves software related problems. The team also performs system backups and recovery, maintains data files, and monitors system configuration to ensure data integrity. The position requires knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures of server, virtual server, and network administration, and has in-depth understanding of standard concepts, practices, and procedures within Superion and the Cloud Solutions team. The position assists in establishing and updating practices and procedures. The team lead will oversee these operations and a team of systems administrators. This person will rely on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals, will performs a variety of complex tasks and projects, while demonstrating expertise in multiple areas such as networking, virtualization, and server administration and overseeing the team operations. This person may provide coaching and consultation on complex projects to team members. The Team Lead works under general supervision, with a wide degree of creativity and latitude. Primary job functions require exercising independent judgment. The position reports to a Manager or Director.
The position will also be responsible for installing an upgrading the Superion applications, hot fixes, and services packs on an as-needed basis.
This will require after-normal-business hours support and possible weekend work, and will require being part of the technical 24/7 on-call rotation. Also, periodically, this position may require working a fix work schedule starting as early as 6am PT.
- Service-oriented mentality
- High sense-of-ownership of the problems and requests assigned.
- Focus on managing and resolving issues in alignment with the SLAs
- Strong communicator. Establish and maintain communications with customers to keep them updated with status of their requests, influence customers, and successfully set their expectations. Has well developed listening skills. Able to manage difficult customer situations.
- Ability to coach and encourage staff in technical and customer service issues.
- Provide support for escalated issues that cannot be resolved within the established timeframes by System Administrator I, II, or III staff.
- Able to perform root cause analysis of problems.
- Able maintain effective team relationships through appropriate communications skills, participation in and leading team discussions, and assisting other team members with resolving issues or completing projects.
- Expert collaborator within team and with other departments and 3 rd parties.
- Influences strategy and direction as well as tactical methodology for achieving results.
- Focuses on continuous improvement in team processes and practices.
- Able to effectively lead a team of Systems Administrators.
- Advanced level of experience in troubleshooting computer and networking issues
- Advanced level of experience with installing, updating, and supporting operating systems such as Windows Server and HP-UX.
- Advanced level of experience with backups, restore and recovery models.
- Advanced level of experience in implementing operational automation using scripts.
- Strong working knowledge of Active Directory and proper disk configurations.
- Advanced level of experience working in a VMware production environment.
- Solid understanding of SAN configuration, operations, and usage.
- Well established documentation skills.
- Certification is a plus; Microsoft – MTA, MCSA, MCSE; CompTIA – A+, Network+, Cloud+; GIAC – GISF, GCUX, GCWN, GSEC
- Master or Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related fields or equivalent 4 years of work experience required.
- 7+ year work experience in a production environment, beyond degree requirements.
- Ability to travel (expect less than 15%) to client sites and/or conferences.
- Have a cell phone (some reimbursement may be possible) and be willing to share cell phone number with coworkers.
- When working remotely or on-call, have Internet access.m root cause analysis of problems.