At Bossa Nova we create service robots for the global retail industry. Our robots’ mission is to make large scale stores run efficiently by automating the collection and analysis of on-shelf inventory data. We drive autonomously through aisles, navigating safely among customers and store associates. If we were a self- driving car we’d be operating at level 5 autonomy.
Oh, we should add, it’s real, happening today, you can meet our robots in some of the world’s biggest retailers.
Position: Python Robot Data Engineer
You’ll be joining our data engineering team as a data engineer. You’ll be responsible for the movement of various forms of data off our robots to the cloud. You’ll write Python code that is deployed on field robots and used for: logging, monitoring and remote troubleshooting. You will work daily with Roboticist’s
- 2+ Years professional experience with Python
- Python data structures and best practices
- Strong Linux skills (Ubuntu)
- Writes organized code with appropriate exception handling and logging
- Designs code to handle degraded or constrained network conditions.
- Understanding of HTTP network requests and responses
- Understanding of TCP, with ability to troubleshoot network issues
- Ability to write technical documentation and comment code
- Ability to write test suites
- Desire to collaborate with domain experts.
Nice to Have:
- Experience with Containers
- Production experience working with Cloud
- Configuration management of some form (Ansible, Chef etc)
- Test Automation