KBR COMPANY INFORMATION
When you become part of the KBR team, your opportunities are endless. As a leading global engineering, construction, and services company, we support the hydrocarbon and government services markets on six continents. Serving our customers through diverse business units, we offer challenging assignments on some of the world’s largest and most complex projects where our customers have come to value us, because they know We Deliver.
With operations in 40 countries, KBR has more than 25,800 people delivering services to customers in over 80 countries. Together they represent an unmatched reservoir of talent and experience in a wide range of markets.
Join us and you’ll be part of a dynamic, elite team of professionals who understand what it takes to get a job done and has the experience, knowledge and determination to succeed.
PRINCIPAL DESIGNER – ELECTRICAL/INSTRUMENTATION
Under general supervision, independently applies advanced engineering techniques, makes decisions on engineering problems and methods, and represents the organization in conferences to resolve important questions or to negotiate with key engineers and officials of other organizations. Provides technical guidance to designers and less experienced engineers and is consulted extensively by associates and others with a high degree of reliance placed on scientific interpretations and advice. Job role is responsible for a measurable asset such as an assigned staff and budget. Skills are typically acquired through an undergraduate degree in Engineering and a minimum of 7 years related experience, with average experience ranging from 10+ years.
- Perform field verification of drawings, understand, interpret, and update P&ID’s, Wiring Diagrams, Motor Schematics, Interconnection drawings, Instrument Loop drawings, DCS/PLC tabulation and drawings, Lighting and Power Panel drawings, Motor Control Center drawings, Cable Tray plans, Location plans, Single Line electrical drawings, Area Classification drawings, Logic drawings, Control drawings
- Be able to create P&ID’s, Wiring Diagrams, Motor Schematics, Interconnection drawings
- Minimum of 10 years in related field specific skills
- Previous DuPont experience preferred
- Previous experience with or ability to learn Bentley Microstation
- Be able to lead design reviews with project teams, work directly with DuPont Engineers to develop scopes to generate estimates
- Strong electrical background with experience in developing Schematics and Electrical Single Lines, general instrument knowledge able to complete Instrument Layouts, Loop drawings, etc
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Able to analyze red line drawings and update drawings
- Capable of Electrical / Instrumentation design work
- Able to complete project turnover by integrating project work with as built conditions
- Physically: Candidate must be able to stand or sit for periods of up to 4 hours. Must be able to climb stairs and ladders in an industrial environment. Must be capable in the case of an emergency to don a 5 minute escape pack , carry app. 8 lb. bottle of air to an evacuation point and then if necessary to carry the bottle while walking app. 10 minutes to an alternate evacuation point .
KBR offers a selection of competitive lifestyle benefits which could include a 401K plan with company match, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, AD&D, flexible spending account, disability, paid time off, or flexible work schedule. We support career advancement through professional training and development.
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job – Design/Drafting
Primary Location – US-US-TX-Orange