KBR COMPANY INFORMATION
When you become part of the KBR team, your opportunities are endless. As a leading global engineering, construction, and services company, we support the hydrocarbon and government services markets on six continents. Serving our customers through diverse business units, we offer challenging assignments on some of the world’s largest and most complex projects where our customers have come to value us, because they know We Deliver.
With operations in 40 countries, KBR has more than 25,800 people delivering services to customers in over 80 countries. Together they represent an unmatched reservoir of talent and experience in a wide range of markets.
Join us and you’ll be part of a dynamic, elite team of professionals who understand what it takes to get a job done and has the experience, knowledge and determination to succeed.
Principal Technical Professional – Electrical/Instrumentation
Under general supervision, the Principal Designer independently applies advanced engineering design techniques, makes decisions on engineering design problems and methods, and represents the organization in conferences to resolve important questions or to negotiate with key engineers and officials of other organizations. He/She provides technical guidance to designers and is consulted extensively by associates and others with a high degree of reliance placed on scientific interpretations and advice. Job role contributes directly to value creation.
This position is located at a client site in Orange, TX. No Relocation or Per Diem will be provided.
- Perform field verification of drawings, understand, interpret, and update P&ID’s, Wiring Diagrams, Motor Schematics, Interconnection drawings, Instrument Loop drawings, DCS/PLC tabulation and drawings, Lighting and Power Panel drawings, Motor Control Center drawings, Cable Tray plans, Location plans, Single Line electrical drawings, Area Classification drawings, Logic drawings, Control drawings
- Be able to create P&ID’s, Wiring Diagrams, Motor Schematics, Interconnection drawings.
- E&I designer with a minimum of 15 – 25 years in related field specific skills
- Previous DuPont experience preferred
- Be able to lead design reviews with project teams, work directly with DuPont Engineers to develop scopes to generate estimates
- Size control valves, create equipment specifications for instrument and electrical equipment (transmitters, MCC’s, switchgear), review all engineering and design documents, insure packages meet client standards and NEC requirements, assist in the development of design packages, size electrical cable per NEC code, assist in the development of E&I estimates and schedules
- Safety: Must be able to sit or stand for periods of up to 4 hours. Must be physically capable in case of an emergency to don a 5 minute escape pack and carry an 8 lb. bottle of air to an evacuation point and then if necessary to carry the same size bottle while walking app. 10 minutes to an alternate evacuation point.
KBR offers a selection of competitive lifestyle benefits which could include a 401K plan with company match, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, AD&D, flexible spending account, disability, paid time off, or flexible work schedule. We support career advancement through professional training and development.