Provides support in one or more Synovus Corporate business units (e.g., Risk Management, Finance, or Credit) or banking business units. Performs a variety of assignments that offer practical experience and broad exposure to Synovus organizational structure. Interns are considered to be an integral part of the team and are provided with tasks that are both challenging and educationally stimulating.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Under close supervision, performs entry level professional duties of moderate difficulty providing the opportunity for professional training in the assigned business or banking unit or functional area.
- Performs assigned duties to acquire knowledge of methods, procedures and standards required for successful performance. Applies research techniques and analytical methods to the study of administrative systems, organizational structures, policies and procedures.
- Performs a variety of developmental assignments in assigned area under the direction of more senior-level staff. Accompanies professional level staff on assignments as appropriate.
- Utilizes related software to run reports and queries for various monthly processes. May gather and organize data to provide information for departmental special projects or reports. Prepares project reports, progress summaries, statistical analysis, and related data as required.
- Performs industry research and analysis to be used in new business development. Reviews customer data for accuracy and input to credit systems. May reviews financial data against established criteria to evaluate customer credit worthiness. May learns the basics of underwriting and the basic concepts of financial accounting and cash flow.
- Contributes individually or as part of a team to support the designated business unit. Assists with problem solving to maintain operational excellence.
- Works towards goals and objectives and participates in special projects as defined and assigned by management.
- Each team member is expected to be aware of risk within their functional area. This includes observing all policies, procedures, laws, regulations and risk limits specific to their role. Additionally, they should raise and report known or suspected violations to the appropriate Company authority in a timely fashion.
- Performs other related duties as required. The information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Synovus is an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting diversity in the workplace.
Minimum Education: Currently enrolled in bachelor’s degree program at an accredited college or university with major course work in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Economics or a closely related field. Cumulative GPA of 3.2 or higher, which is reflective of all college coursework.Student should have a pending graduation timeframe between December of the current year and June the following year.
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office software products, including advanced Excel skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled