Planner, Custom Products 163 views
- Plans, schedules and monitors the movement of materials through the production cycle.
- Provides regular updates to Sales and Customer Service regarding the status of orders, WIP and schedule dates.
- Manages priority schedule for manufacturing of all custom products.
- Responsible for material review and lead-time quoting activities.
- Reviews expedite requests and consults manufacturing to meet the customer’s requests
- Forecasts requirements and issues periodic reports on lead times, variances, and savings
- Issues periodic reports concerning status of current production and material requirements and kit schedules.
- Coordinates information flow between production, product development, sales, and contracts department to plan, schedule and implement detailed functional plans.
- Provides various planning, schedule and WIP data to management on a weekly or bi-weekly basis.
- Monitors the on-time delivery and cycle time of products to identify gaps in the process.
- Regularly reviews MRP schedule against Promise dates to ensure material is prioritized and set-up correctly in MRP system.
- Analyzes system data to identify capacity limitations, yield constraints or manufacturing gaps.
Minimum/Basic Job Qualifications:
Experience with MRP Systems (Oracle experience preferred)
Knowledge of planning/purchasing practices and procedures.
Knowledge of materials, products, and the commodity market in area of specialization
Strong Communication Skills, both oral and written
Strong analytical skills
Experience with electronic manufacturing
Relevant 4-year Degree or >6 years comparable experience
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
Strong knowledge of MRP/ERP systems
Oracle experience preferred
Strong Microsoft Excel skills
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled