Web Developers at Sq1 are responsible for the development of various web experiences to support larger client campaigns. They work closely with our UX and Creative team to build out standards-compliant designs and implement interactive functionality across a wide variety of connected device platforms. They are proficient at building out entirely new experiences from scratch, but also can quickly learn and adapt to working within existing client platforms. Our Developers are responsive for delivering clean, compliant code in a timely fashion.
- Support clients’ campaigns by building out standalone landing pages, microsites, and full web applications depending on client needs.
- Building advanced web applications using various 3rd party APIs.
- Setting up server environments to host client projects and other DevOps tasks.
- Assume individual responsibility for projects, and work with other developers on larger initiatives. Write clean, commented code that others will be able to quickly absorb.
- Deploy updates to staging environments, QA on various browsers, and integrate a workflow to push to production servers.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in modern web development.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, web development, or equivalent experience.
- Working knowledge of a typical CMS architecture. Experience with common PHP-based platforms such as WordPress, Drupal, Laravel, etc. is preferred.
- Experience with common frontend web frameworks and libraries. We commonly use jQuery and Bootstrap/Foundation in our stack, but experience with application libraries like Angular, React, or Vue is also helpful.
- Comfortable using version control systems, specifically Git and Visual Studio Team Services.
- Experience working in an agency setting, or in a design or marketing industry is a bonus.
- Awareness of digital marketing best practices, UX, SEO, Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager is also a plus