Founded in 1999, SurveyMonkey is the world’s leading platform for turning people’s voices and opinions into actionable data — People Powered Data. Whether it’s with customers, employees, or a target market, SurveyMonkey helps curious individuals and companies — including 99% of the Fortune 500 — have conversations at scale with the people who matter most. It’s People Powered Data that allows them to understand not only “what” is happening, but “why.” SurveyMonkey’s 700+ employees throughout North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific are dedicated to powering the curious.
About SurveyMonkey Business Solutions
Our team is responsible for building targeted standalone solutions that address the needs of businesses. These products complement the general SurveyMonkey platform. The current Solutions products include:
- SurveyMonkey CX – Measure and improve customer satisfaction
- SurveyMonkey Engage – Understand and foster employee engagement
- TechValidate – Publish 3rd-party verified customer proof
We operate each solution as a small startup within the larger SurveyMonkey organization. Our goal is to build high growth, profitable businesses that leverage the enormous user base of SurveyMonkey. Our ten person team is responsible for building products from soup to nuts. We often wear many hats and work across both the technical stack and departments.
You will be writing front-end code on one or more of our applications. You’ll work with designers and backend engineers to create high quality customer facing features. In addition, you’ll be maintaining and adding to a library of common UI patterns and modules that make front-end development across our applications easier and more unified.
Who We’re Looking For
We are looking for an experienced front-end engineer who shows curiosity and drive. We’d like to see in you:
- 3+ years as a front-end engineer or relevant experience
- Familiarity with server-side MVC web frameworks. As we are a Ruby on Rails team, experience in Rails is a definite plus.
- Enthusiasm for working in and learning Rails is a must
- Expertise in HTML and CSS. Experience in server-side templating languages like Haml, and CSS-preprocessors like Sass will serve you well
- Awareness of cross-browser compatibility issues and client-side performance
- A knack for considering UX and Design issues
Why Work Here?
We are a remote team. As long as your work day overlaps the Pacific time zone by at least four hours, where you live and work and up to you. If you prefer to be based out of one of our offices, we are also located in San Mateo, Portland and Ottawa. You will be asked to travel a few times a year for a full team meeting. We use this time not only for larger planning discussions, but also for a little social interaction. In the past year, we’ve gone bowling in Phoenix and made sushi in San Francisco.
We are strong believers in work-life balance. We know world class work can be done in just forty hours a week when distractions are minimized and the pace is sustainable. If you consider yourself to be a manager of one, this role is a great fit.
At SurveyMonkey, we offer competitive salaries, medical/dental benefits, PTO, 401k, paid holidays and parental leave, and equity compensation.
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.