As the global leader in licensed sports merchandise, Fanatics is changing the way fans purchase their favorite team merchandise by partnering with top leagues, clubs and soccer brands worldwide to offer the largest collection of timeless and timely gear from every pro and college team online, on your phone, in stadiums or on-site at the world’s biggest sporting events. A top 50 Internet Retailer Company, Fanatics comprises the broadest online assortment by offering hundreds of thousands of officially licensed items via its Fanatics ( www.fanatics.com ), FansEdge ( www.fansedge.com ), Kitbag ( www.kitbag.com ), and Majestic ( www.majesticathletic.com ) brands, as well as the largest selection of sports collectibles and memorabilia through Fanatics Authentic ( www.fanaticsauthentic.com ). A multi-channel company, Fanatics operates more than 300 online and offline stores, including the e-commerce business for all major professional sports leagues (NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, NASCAR, MLS, PGA), major media brands (NBC Sports, CBS Sports, FOX Sports) and more than 200 collegiate and professional team properties, which include several of biggest global soccer clubs (Manchester United, Real Madrid, Chelsea, Manchester City). The company’s in-venue and event retail portfolio includes the NBA, NHL, NASCAR, Wimbledon, Kentucky Derby, The Ryder Cup, Manchester City, Texas Longhorns, Pittsburgh Pirates and New Jersey Devils, allowing fans to experience a seamless shopping experience across online, mobile and physical store locations.
The Senior Systems Engineer, Infrastructure Services, is responsible for implementing, designing, and supporting the storage and compute environment at Fanatics. In this role, the engineer will help to lead the development and maintenance of infrastructure platforms as well as troubleshooting and resolution of incidents. The engineer will be responsible for the design, documentation and implementation of solutions and creating standards for Fanatics’ Infrastructure Platforms. The Senior Systems Engineer will keep up to date on new technology and industry trends relevant to Fanatics.
Bachelor’s degree from a four year accredited institution
At least seven years of IT experience deploying, developing and administering infrastructure storage and compute platforms and technologies
Ability to work a rotating on-call schedule
Additional education and experience may be considered as a substitution for the minimum requirements.
- Subject Matter Expert in the deployment, support and maintenance of enterprise level infrastructure systems and platforms – Windows, UNIX/Linux, Storage, Virtualization, Backup, and related software and tools
- Deep experience in troubleshooting and resolving incidents in a large, complex technology environment
- Requires the ability to manage significantly ambiguous situations and requirements and make decisions based on the information available
- Requires the ability to work on multiple projects of varying scope and scale
- Working knowledge of project management or LEAN / Agile methodologies
- Ability to manage external suppliers in the implementation and support of technology systems
- Experience in Infrastructure Lifecycle Management and maintenance such as patching, updates, as well as Hardware and Operating System refreshes
- Ability to work individually as well as part of an overall, often virtual team
- Effective communicator both written and verbal.Able to tailor message based on targeted audience and be comfortable presenting to senior leaders.
- Experience designing and documenting technical standard operating procedures (SOPs) and processes.
Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in technical area such as Computer Science, Computer Technology, Information Science, Engineering, or Mathematics.
Experience with or certification in ITIL / ITSM
Industry certifications from Microsoft (MCSE), VMWare (VCP), Linux (preferably Red Hat), Storage (Dell/ EMC, NetApp, HP)
Experience with automation and IaaS concepts – Chef, vCommander, PowerShell
Experience in a technology focused and / or eCommerce environment
Experience working in a PCI regulated environment