Senior Software Engineer, .NET/C++
New Relic is looking for a talented engineer to join our .NET Agent Team. If you are someone who thrives on understanding how .NET assemblies work behind the scenes, including the unmanaged C++ assemblies that make up the CLR we’d love to hear from you. As a member of the .NET Agent Team you’ll build streamlined, asynchronous and multithreaded .NET applications in a highly-collaborative team-centric environment.
We help people build better software! The .NET Agent Team enables businesses and engineers to learn how their .NET apps are really performing in the real world for real customers. Our product, The .NET Agent , watches interactions between applications and the .NET framework to find out what’s happening in the app and where it helps or frustrates its users.
On this team, you will have opportunities to:
- Leverage and deepen your knowledge of the .NET Framework, Azure, IIS, MVC, Entity Framework, MSMQ, WCF and async.
- Work directly with customers to understand how to help them improve their applications.
- Collaborate with other teams in delivering the most amazing software of your career.
Our workspace is where:
- Small teams are empowered to tackle their projects with ownership.
- Engineers respect and are inspired by each other.
- Work life balance is respected.
- Everyone makes a contribution that matters to the whole team.
For this job, you’ll need:
- Advanced experience with C++, including the modern C++ specifications and paradigms
- In-depth knowledge of C#, .NET and the Microsoft environment.
- 6+ years experience building and deploying applications on Windows.
- Curiosity! You seek beyond the surface of the technologies you use and like to understand the internals.
- Commitment to delivering value, always. You get satisfaction building tools that help developers get stuff done.
- Excellent communication skills. You love to talk about what you’re doing and learn from other engineers.
- Quality-kung-fu. You make your software as reliable and scalable as possible.
It would be great if you also have (desirable but not required):
- Troubleshooting and tuning complex performance issues with web applications
- Knowledge/experience in Azure
- BS Computer Science, Software Engineering, IT, or equivalent experience
- Continuous integration (even better, continuous deployment) experience
- Experience working with customers
Next steps on how to apply:
Click the link below, include your resume, your online identity, and a cover letter that highlights what drives you and why we should work together.
A little about us:
New Relic is a leading digital intelligence company, delivering full-stack visibility and analytics with more than 14,000 paid business accounts. The New Relic Digital Intelligence Platform provides actionable insights to drive digital business results. Companies of all sizes trust New Relic to monitor application and infrastructure performance so they can quickly resolve issues, and improve digital customer experiences. Learn more at newrelic.com .
New Relic is a San Francisco Best Places to Work award winner, an Oregon “Top Workplace” award winner, named a leader in the Gartner’s 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 & 2016 “Magic Quadrant” for APM companies, a Top 100 OnDemand Company, Best of SaaS (THINKStrategies), Top 100 Coolest Cloud Computing (CRN); 10 Cloud Management Companies to Watch (NetworkWorld) – the list of accolades goes on. More important than all of that: we provide challenging work, opportunities to learn, high quality teammates, a standard-setting product, and a company on the move.
Our office is in the tech mecca of Portland, with easy commute access and a plethora of good eats and great coffee. We provide competitive compensation including equity and big-company benefits (medical, dental, etc.)—all while maintaining the energy, agility and fun of a start-up. We can help with relocation and are open to H1-B transfers.
New Relic is most decidedly an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Note: Our stewardship of the data of thousands of customers’ means that a criminal background check is required to join New Relic.