About Turing Video
Turing Video, a well funded A.I. startup co-founded by several PhDs from USC and UCLA, is pioneering the robotics industry with leading artificial intelligence and navigation systems for security robots being used worldwide.
Located in the heart of Silicon Valley, Turing Video develops state-of-the-art deep learning, edge computing and self-patrolling technology, to enable robots to assess situations and collaborate with human beings and security systems in real-time, keeping facilities and inventory secure.
We are looking for a talented medium/senior level robotics software engineer who has a master or PhD degree in robotics areas of computer science to join our agile team of robotics who is building patrolling security robots on the Android and ROS platforms. Candidates should be familiar with the science of robotics and experienced in automated guided vehicles and will mainly focus on the researching, designing and developing the software system for the robot.
What you’ll do:
The main job responsibilities fall in two parts: environment sensing and automated navigation.
Robot real time environment sensing
- Design the framework of the robot environment sensing system.
- Accurately detect surrounding obstacles in real time, fuse the inputs from multiple sensors including camera, LiDAR and other range sensors.
- Detect interested objects such as person or vehicle to support proactive interaction.
- Identify the weakness of the software system and deal with the practical user scenarios.
Robot controlling and automated navigation
- Design and develop the robot navigation system to allow the robot smoothly and steadily patrol for hours.
- Develop the SLAM system to allow the robot identify its position and pose in real time.
- Build the path planning module to support robot functionalities that rely on map and location.
What you bring to the table:
- Solid software development experience of 5+ years.
- Profession in Java, C/C++, Android, Python and shell scripts.
- Strong knowledge of SLAM and V-SLAM algorithms.
- Strong knowledge of data handling for vision sensors, such as point cloud and depth image.
- Experience of working with LiDAR and RGBD cameras. Knowledge in ROS and other robotic development toolkits is preferred.
- Familiar with vision algorithms for landmark detection, and general object detection.
- Familiar with the basic control theory and robot motion model.
- Knowledge of Path planning algorithms.
- Knowledge of Sensor fusion algorithms.
- Great team work ability, independent and self-motivated.
Why to work with us:
- Work and challenge yourself in a fast growing startup with cutting edge technology to reshape security industry.
- You will definitely learn a lot and improve your various skills with our talented agile team.
- Decent salary and benefits as well as company shares depending on your talent and experience.
- Don’t depend on an Apple a Day. Fully paid health plan option, and 100% premium coverage of vision and dental insurance for you and your dependents.
- Salary (comparable rate in bay area, based on experience and knowledge)
- A generous supply of unlimited office snacks, drinks and coffee
- A team of great people in a family-like atmosphere
- A H1B sponsored full time return offer if excellent
- Top tier office equipment with Uplift desk and Ergonomic Chairs
- Work with great Bay view and Mountain view
Please send your resume to info at turingvideo.com with Robotics Software Engineer in the subject line and we’ll talk about how your career is about to get better.
Turing Video is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We strongly support diversity in the workforce.
- San Mateo, CA
- Full Time
- Immediate, flexible
Job Type: Full-time
- Robotics: 1 year