As a Project Engineer in the Technology Business Unit (TBU) in KBR’s London Technology Centre (LTC), you will be responsible for the planning and execution of TBU’s Feasibility Studies, Licensed Basic Engineering Design Packages (LBED) and Extended Basic Engineering Design Packages (EBED). The LTC is part of KBR’s Technology and Consulting Business unit, providing licensed technology, equipment and process control systems to the Syngas, Oil Refining and Petrochemical industries. LTC has EMEA regional accountability for the sale and execution of its licensed technologies, with a strong technology presence in Ammonia, Residue Conversion, Olefins and Phenol as well as JV alliances to produce engineering design packages with some of the world’s leading technology providers including Shell and ExxonMobil.
Working in close cooperation with LTC’s Project Manager the candidate will be expected to manage or support the project management of all projects being executed within LTC and across TBU’s other technology centres in Beijing, Houston and New Delhi. The project engineer will Plan, organize, coordinates and controls projects in accordance with the established policies, procedures, systems, and requirements approved by the company. Has responsibility for day to day contact and communication with the client and focuses on providing client satisfaction. Possesses knowledge of the Syngas, Refining and Petrochemical industries. Supervises personnel assigned to the project through group leaders. Also serve as the proposal manager for projects across EMEA. Job role has budgetary type of accountabilities. Interfaces with all other project activities, including Procurement, Fabrications, Construction Integration and Commissioning. May assist with project execution strategies and other management activities. May undertake problem solving and other special assignments.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering with certification as a Licensed/Chartered Professional Engineer
- Able to demonstrate related and relevant experience
- Must be willing and available to travel domestic and/or internationally, as needed
- Good leadership, communication, decision making, planning and organising, team building financial focus, organisational awareness, customer insight, influence and persuasion, and interpersonal skills to work effectively in a cross cultural, fast moving environment.
- The position is long terms based in Leatherhead.