Principle Engineer Database Engineer
Location: San Mateo, CA
- Plays a critical role in providing both architectural direction and ongoing operational support on cloud persistence databases
- Participation in all phases of software development life cycle: analysis, design, develop, test, debug, deploy, maintain and update
- Work with the team to improve the overall performance, stability, scalability and effectiveness of cloud database systems
- Design, implement and maintain database schema. Create complex SQL statements, stored procedures for software development
- Be an expert of business and data flows of AtHoc Systems
- Design and implement automated testing for database tier
- Create and maintain technical documents
- Work with AtHoc professional services to support customer implementations and trouble-shoot issues
- Be up-to-date with new technologies and architectures, for potential implementation within AtHoc platforms
- Work with product development team members, as well as company leadership and customers
- 10+ solid database development experience with Microsoft SQL Server, ORACLE or DB2 in delivering highly scalable multi-tier applications
- Must have experience in dealing with large volume of data (terabytes) in production.
- Solid understanding of the current principles and techniques used in database modeling and design.
- Excellent knowledge to write complex SQL code.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft T-SQL programming, stored procedures, triggers, and functions.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server developing and tuning high traffic and SaaS applications.
- Expertise in Microsoft SQL databases to dive into database and recommend strategies to improve performance, scalability, and optimization of applications.
- Experience to Data ware house is a plus.
- In-depth big data experience with NoSQL databases (Mongo or others) is a plus
- Experience processing large amounts of structured and unstructured data. MapReduce is a plus.
- Programming experience in C#, Python or Java is a plus.
- Be able to communicate openly and frequently with all members of the team
- Must be a self-motivated fast learner and able to work independently
- Ability to multi-task and exercise judgment in setting priorities
- Strong project planning and organizational abilities
- Excellent trouble-shooting and performance tuning skill
- MS in Computer Science or equivalent, PhD desirable
- Database development certification a plus
- Competitive Base Salary
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Long and Short-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Vacation and Holiday Pay
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Referral Program
- Team Building Events
PARC Consulting, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and any other characteristics protected by law.
Refer a friend, reward yourself.
We love sharing, don’t you?
PARC Consulting’s referral partners utilize professional connections and personal networks to influence talent acquisition resources.
These partners refer colleagues and corporations to receive a percentage of all closed
Job Type: Full-time
- write complex SQL code: 1 year (Required)
- C#, Python or Java: 1 year (Preferred)
- Database Development Microsoft SQL Server, ORACLE, or DB2: 10 years (Required)
- Microsoft SQL Server developing and tuning high traffic: 1 year (Required)
- Data warehouse: 1 year (Preferred)
- large volume of data (terabytes) in production: 1 year (Required)
- Microsoft SQL databases: 4 years (Required)
- Microsoft T-SQL programming, stored procedures, triggers, an: 4 years (Required)
- big data experience with NoSQL databases (Mongo: 1 year (Preferred)
- MapReduce: 1 year (Preferred)
License or certification:
- database development certification (Preferred)