Join our team at the California State University, Office of the Chancellor, and make a difference in providing access to higher education. We are currently seeking experienced candidates for the position of HR Business Systems Analyst. The CSU Chancellor’s Office, located on the waterfront adjacent to the Aquarium of the Pacific in downtown Long Beach, is the headquarters for the nation’s largest and most diverse system of higher education. The CSU Chancellor’s Office offers a premium benefit package that includes outstanding vacation, health, and dental plans; a fee waiver education program; membership in the California Public Employees Retirement System (PERS); and 14 paid holidays a year.
This is an opportunity to join the largest public university in the nation and become part of the CSU team for a system-wide strategic initiative. Come join the excitement with this rather unique opportunity.
The salary range for this classification is $4,372 to $9,683 per month.
The California State University, Office of the Chancellor, is seeking a HR Business
Systems Analyst to perform as part of the California State University (CSU) Human Resources (HR) project team, this position provides functional support for CSU’s PeopleSoft HCM application within Information Systems. Information Systems Application Development area encompasses application support and upgrade activities for 23 campuses and the CSU Chancellor’s Office (CO), integration with other third-party/external and/or internal systems, the consolidation of the HR databases implementation (CHRS Completion Project), and the HR/Student split project. The HR Business Systems Analyst requires proactive initiative to resolve the most complex HCM application issues in support/development areas that include implementation, system analysis, planning, design, development and support of the HR application. Specific functional support assignments may change at any time based on Application Development’s projects and priorities, including supporting other applications within the area.
Under the general direction of the Associate Director of Application Operations, the HR Business Systems Analyst will:
- Be responsible for the application planning, configuration, testing and documentation associated with production support, new development, customizations, upgrades and consolidation activities relevant to the PeopleSoft HCM application; support the preparation and cost estimates for proposed customizations, upgrades, and other project activities; coordinate testing efforts with project managers, technical resources, and other functional staff as necessary, and support 23 campuses and the CO with ongoing upgrades. The Business Systems Analyst will also undertake special projects as directed including working in other application areas such as Student Administration and Finance.
- Participate on project teams as appropriate to implement new system functionality within the PeopleSoft HCM application. Analyze, test and document custom modifications required to address CSU business requirements. Support the HR / Student split activities as well as the CHRS implementation project.
- Conduct unit, system, integration and regression testing of PeopleSoft bundles, maintenance pack releases, PeopleTools and Oracle upgrades, and CSU updates and fixes. Coordinate program and functional specification development/testing as well as time and cost estimates for customizations, upgrades and other project activity. This includes conducting conference calls or webinars with the HUG (HR User Group), sub-committees and campus representatives.
- Undertake special projects as directed including working with other SME teams to facilitate cross training and coverage of all application areas.
- Provide functional production support for 23 CSU campuses and the Chancellor’s Office by analyzing and troubleshooting campus application issues reported through Service-now cases. Adhere to published Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and Application Development procedures.
- Create and maintain functional documentation required to support the CSU PeopleSoft HCMapplication.
- Collaborate with all Application Development teams to understand and resolve campus application issues as needed.
- Produce deliverables that adhere to quality standards and comply with Application Development procedures and practices.
This position requires:
- A BA/BS in Computer Science or a related field or an equivalent combination of education and related experience, as well as course work in the PeopleSoft HCM application.
- Minimum 3-5 years of HR functional experience working with the PeopleSoft HCM application or other similar ERP.
- In-depth functional knowledge and experience with at least one HCM module, such as Absence Management, Benefits Administration, Time and Labor, Workforce Administration, Position Management, Recruiting Solutions, or Faculty.
- Excellent application implementation life cycle skills including experience developing requirements, fit/gap analysis, application configuration and security functional specifications and the ability to translate business requirements into functional designs.
- Excellent written and advanced verbal communication skills (including exceptional listening mentoring and collaboration abilities).
- Working knowledge and experience with Human Resources practices and systems in a higher education environment and proficient knowledge of PeopleSoft rules based processing is preferred.
Resumes will be accepted until job posting is removed.
How To Apply
To apply for this position, click on the link at the top of the screen.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The university is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against persons on the basis of race, religion, color, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, National origin, sex, sexual orientation, covered veteran status, or any other protected status. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for qualified applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting the Senior Human Resources Manager.
This position requires new hire employment verification to be processed through the E-Verify program administered by the Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (DHSUSCIS)’ in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA).
If hired, you will be required to furnish proof that you are legally authorized to work in the United States.
The Chancellor’s Office policy requires that the selected candidate successfully complete a full