Founded in 1999 and based in San Mateo, California, SurveyMonkey is the world’s leading platform for turning people’s voices and opinions into actionable data — People Powered Data. Whether it’s with customers, employees, or a target market, SurveyMonkey helps curious individuals and companies — including 99% of the Fortune 500 — have conversations at scale with the people who matter most. It’s People Powered Data that allows them to understand not only “what” is happening, but “why.” SurveyMonkey’s 700+ employees throughout North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific are dedicated to powering the curious.
Help us build and grow our team. Whether you’re recruiting top talent or keeping our current team happy and healthy, you’re an excellent communicator with a knack for cultivating relationships both within and outside the company. You’ll also play a key role in shaping and nurturing our strong company culture. If you’re ready to help make our stellar company even better, apply today!
SurveyMonkey is looking for an Events Coordinator who will be based in our San Mateo Headquarters! You will play a critical role for the success of many curated events locally and globally. This position will support and participate in the planning and implementation of all aspects of designated events and conferences. You will serve as a liaison with internal partners (PR/Communications team, facility and IT) and external vendors on event-related matters. Lastly, you will work closely with several different areas/locations of the company to ensure all aspects/teams of the company are represented.
- Anticipate project needs, discern work priorities, and meet deadlines with little supervision, and be willing to work occasional evenings and weekends (Handling event setup and teardown)
- Work closely with internal teams to determine event priorities, plans of action
- Propose new ideas to refine event planning processes and assess opportunities for improvement
- Assist with negotiations for space contracts and book event space, arrange F&B, equipment and signage, and ensure appropriate décor to meet quality and Brand expectations
- Full-circle external venue sourcing, including conduct research, make site visits when necessary, negotiation and finalize contract
- Keep track of event finances including requests, invoicing, and reporting
- Manage, maintain and schedule of events on the Global Events Calendar
- Individual will perform additional functions as needed
- BS/BA degree (or equivalent) with 2+ years of experience within a corporate event marketing position
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, set priorities, identify and address problems, meet deadlines, and stay within budget
- Customer focused, highly responsive attitude combined with an ability to maintain a calm and professional demeanor in pressured situations
- Excellent communication, writing and customer service skills
- Experience breaking new ground with events and delivering transformational experiences that impress internal partners and turn members/clients into brand evangelists/enthusiasts
- High degree of initiative with ability to work independently in a team environment
- Fluent in Google Applications, Apple Applications and Microsoft Office – comfortable learning new software as needed
- General experience with AV technology and troubleshooting
- Global conferences/events experience
- Curious and respect the numbers
At SurveyMonkey, we offer competitive salaries, medical/dental benefits, PTO, 401k, paid holidays and parental leave, and equity compensation.
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.