Join our team at the California State University, Office of the Chancellor, and make a difference in providing access to higher education. We are currently seeking experienced candidates for the position of Enterprise Infrastructure Analyst. The CSU Chancellor’s Office, located on the waterfront adjacent to the Aquarium of the Pacific in downtown Long Beach, is the headquarters for the nation’s largest and most diverse system of higher education. The CSU Chancellor’s Office offers a premium benefit package that includes outstanding vacation, health, and dental plans; a fee waiver education program; membership in the California Public Employees Retirement System (PERS); and 14 paid holidays a year.
The salary range for this classification is $4,372 to $10,173 per month.
The California State University, Office of the Chancellor, is seeking an Enterprise Infrastructure Analyst to design, integrate, administer, and troubleshoot all aspects of the tiers of the Enterprise Systems like PeopleSoft CRM Applications for optimal performance and system capacity. As a member of the ITS Technical Services team, provide direction and participate on projects in the development, documentation, and support of the Enterprise Systems like PeopleSoft. These complex systems projects require maintenance and coordination with the 23 campuses, ITS application team members, integration with other products/vendors and interfacing to internal/external systems.
Under the general direction of the Director, ITS Technical Services, the Enterprise Infrastructure Analyst will:
- Lead and coordinate all facets of the technical planning and development effort for Enterprise Systems like PeopleSoft Applications tools, work with functional teams, consultants, vendors, and CSU campuses to determine requirements and technical specifications.
- Provide direction and participate in the development, testing, and implementation of vendor tools; support preparation of time and cost estimates for proposed integration of Enterprise systems like PeopleSoft CRM Applications and tools, upgrades and other project activity; and undertake special projects as directed.
Typical duties to include such systems and duties defined below or any other tasks as Technical Services are responsible for maintaining:
- Certs Web Interfaces-Vendors, PeopleSoft, Enterprise Infrastructure
- BMC Control-M Job Scheduling
- US Bank and Wells Fargo interfaces
- Job Scheduling maintenance for Finance and HR centralized systems
- PeopleSoft Application Server Configurations, load balancing, capacity management and system monitoring
- Support activities for "Move to Productions" for major application and tools changes.
- HECH and OSB interfaces for HR centralized system
- Integration Broker interfaces for PeopleSoft
- Elastic Search for Finance and HR centralized systems
- System load testing
- PGP encryption for required interfaces
- ESP and PSR interfaces
- Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM)
- Firewall rule management
-LDAP/SSO/Portal – Vendors, PeopleSoft, Enterprise
- Connectivity-Any systems above
Examples of such duties are:
- The Enterprise Infrastructure Analyst will provide performance tuning and capacity planning on the front-end and middle tiers of the PeopleSoft applications. This requires designing and maintaining reporting/tracking systems to provide the optimal configurations for the best throughput and response time of all affected systems.
- Work with Automation Analyst and provide technical guidance, specifications, and testing for new/existing systems to more effectively manage the environment.
- The Analyst will direct and coordinate all facets of the technical planning and development effort for Enterprise Systems such as PeopleSoft Applications and vendor tools work with functional teams, consultants, hosting partners, and CSU campuses to determine requirements and technical specifications. Lead and participate in the development, testing, and implementation of vendor tools.
- The Analyst is responsible for any other duties as assigned. Also, the incumbent is responsible for keeping current in the industry, including technology changes, trends, and best practices. The incumbent is also responsible for addressing any concerns regarding technical operations with the appropriate supervisor.
ON-CALL RESPONSIBILITIES: There is a staff rotated week long responsibility to support our operations 24/7. Staff is expected to respond to issues/problems/tasks in off hours and weekends.
This position requires:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field and equivalent combination of education and related experience is required.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a production IT environment responsible for Enterprise IT infrastructure, hardware, hosting service and network areas.
- 3-5 years’ experience in systems development including significant experience with systems analysis, programming and/or database management
- 3-5 years’ development experience with Enterprise Systems like PeopleSoft CRM Applications including tools such as C, COBOL, PeopleTools, Java, Puppet, Python, Docker, Chef, UNIX scripting tools, and PERL.
- Ability to write analytical design documents or review design documents provided by others in support of designing large scale Enterprise Systems.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills needed to work effectively with a wide variety of ITS clients, outside consultants, and vendors.
- This position requires 3-5 years’ experience with installation and maintenance of Enterprise systems like PeopleSoft on a large scale as well as that of supporting tools for those environments.
- Knowledge and understanding of industry trends and new technologies and ability to apply trends to analytical needs.
- Excellent understanding of enterprise IT including cloud, networks, compute and storage and end-user computing.
- Requires extensive coursework or experience in Enterprise Systems such as PeopleSoft technical development and administration; including tools such as C, COBOL, PeopleTools, Java, Puppet, Python, Docker, Chef, UNIX scripting tools, and PERL
- Requires 3+ years’ experience in installing, administering and monitoring Infrastructure changes for Enterprise Systems such as PeopleSoft.
- Deep understanding of TCP, IP, and other network protocols. Familiarity with DNS, DHCP, and other network services.
- Strong working knowledge of VMware or other virtual software.
- Prefers coursework or equivalent experience in PeopleSoft technical development and administration;
- Requires demonstrated experience in leading, designing and implementing complex infrastructure projects and meeting deliverables per the project’s project plan.
- Prefers hands-on development experience with Enterprise Systems such as PeopleSoft CRM applications.
- Prefers experience with managing key authentication, encryption technologies (SSL certificates) is preferred.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of the Windows concepts, Domains, Active Directory and its concepts, and the interaction between hardware, operating systems, network, data center, and application software, Linux and Unix are also a must.
- Prefers additional training in programming, database management systems, systems analysis and data communications as well as experience with Oracle/Cobol and the ability to translate needs analysis data into technical designs preferred.
- Knowledge of managing a data center regarding systems monitoring, capacity planning, and performance tuning.
- Requires experience using configuration management, performance tracking, issue resolution, and change management practices (ITIL) for above changes.
- Prefers expertise and training in application infrastructure of Enterprise Systems such as PeopleSoft to implement changes to the said environments.
- Prefers extensive working knowledge of quality and testing disciplines, industry direction, business functions and team/project management.
- Prefers knowledge and understanding of principles of capacity and performance management.
- Prefers fundamental knowledge of statistics and excellent analytical skills.
- Prefers experience with the following vendor tools is preferred; Oracle HECH, OSB, BMC, Citrix or equivalent with similar vendor tools in PeopleSoft environment.
- Requires knowledge of Enterprise job scheduling services and how to manage the activity through all types of scheduling changes.
- Requires proficiency in incident/change management system for getting work assignments, problem identification, and change management tasks (ITIL) completed in an organized manner.
- Requires proficiency in Microsoft Office Productivity Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook), and Visio required.
- Requires proficiency in maintaining file systems on UNIX and Microsoft Windows systems.
Communication & People Skills
- Very solid written communication skills are necessary to provide accurate, understandable documentation for automation procedures.
- Supports an environment that motivates others and builds morale.
- Works effectively and cooperatively with other team members to achieve goals and develop/maintain working relationships.
- Ability to effectively communicate with various users.
- Uses effective communication and listening skills to work with others and problem solve.
- Ability to quickly gather information from and disseminate information to the appropriate parties.
- Ability to assist in trouble-shooting, including quickly identifying problems and acting appropriately.
- Develops practical and thorough solutions to address all aspects of identified problems.
- Identifies problems and uses appropriate sources to research technical problems.
- Ability to independently apply technical judgment to standard applications and systems.
Project Management Skills
- Requires ability to track and document information between multiple parties.
- Requires experience in coordinating resource requirements.
- Requires excellent attention to detail and solid organizational skills.
- Requires ability to schedule and prioritize to meet deadlines.
- Requires ability to work independently with little supervision.
Resumes will be accepted until May 25, 2018 or until job posting is removed.
How To Apply
To apply for this position, click on the link at the top of the screen.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The university is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against persons on the basis of race, religion, color, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, National origin, sex, sexual orientation, covered veteran status, or any other protected status. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for qualified applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting the Senior Human Resources Manager.
This position requires new hire employment verification to be processed through the E-Verify program administered by the Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (DHSUSCIS)’ in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA).
If hired, you will be required to furnish proof that you are legally authorized to work in the United States.
The Chancellor’s Office policy requires that the selected candidate successfully complete a full background check (including a criminal records check) prior to assuming this position.