Harris Freeman & Company Inc. is a global resource for tea, spice, and flexible packaging. Harris Tea, the tea division of Harris Freeman, has emerged as the largest private label packer of tea in the United States. Harris Spice, the spice division of Harris Freeman, is a leading supplier to major spice brands in North America. The Flexible Packaging Division carries a diverse range of products for the erosion control, agriculture, nursery, and construction industries. Worldwide sourcing, expert commodity traders and superior quality and production standards, are the drivers of Harris Freeman’s ability to provide products and services that continuously surpass expectations. Harris Freeman has an immediate opening for an EDI developer at their Marietta, GA location.
The EDI Developer will be responsible for planning, implementing and supporting Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) applications, transactions and upgrades to the application(s). The ideal candidate will be experienced in the daily operations, maintenance, and development of all EDI transactions. They must be well organized, flexible, and able to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization as well as customers, third party warehouses, carriers and other EDI trading partners.
- Independently troubleshoots, isolates and resolve problems across multiple EDI/integration areas including mapping, connectivity with EDI trading partners.
- Troubleshoots integration with applications such as ERP, Manufacturing Execution System (MES), Warehouse Management System (WMS) etc.
- Create and modify maps, processes, functions, SQL queries, SQL stored procedures based on business requirements.
- Work with business stakeholders to understand, refine and document EDI processes.
- Develop implementation plan for new EDI transactions with current or new trading partners.
- Design new processes to match new EDI documents as per existing business partner’s requirements or new business partners onboarding.
- Coordinate with trading partners and test all changes to EDI maps, processes etc. and production rollout.
- Monitor EDI system for various kinds of failures, resolve issues and reprocess documents as necessary.
Required experience, skills and education:
- 4-5 years’ hands-on EDI support experience including X12 EDI, XML, CSV, Fixed Width Files.
- 4-5 years’ experience with EDI Standards, development of EDI solutions with applications working in a 24/7 environment.
- Prior experience with EDI 940, 945, 856, 944, 850, 875, 880, 810, 852, 214 is a huge plus.
- 4-5 years’ experience with Microsoft SQL server 2008/2012 – Basic Database maintenance as well as TSQL, stored procedures, views etc.
- 4-5 years’ experience with Windows 2008/2012 server and Windows 7/8/8.1 environments.
- Proficiency with EDI mapping tools and trading partner configurations
- Proficient ability to communicate effectively with others using written and spoken English with demonstrated proficiency with management of technical projects/programs
- Detail-oriented with demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Possess proficient understanding of the software development lifecycle
- Working ability to investigate issues and develop solutions independently
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with others; conducts working relationships in a manner acceptable to others and to the organization
- Proficient ability to work under demanding time constraints and production goals
- Experience with application support and upgrades is a plus
- Prior experience with Sage 500 ERP, DELL BOOMI systems is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in work experience.
Job Type: Full-time
- hands-on EDI support: 4 years