Conduct patient interviews, patient recruitment, enrollment, and verify patient eligibility for clinical investigative studies.
Observe patients after administration of study medication for adverse events.
Take and properly record vital signs, performing venipuncture and specimen collection and processing.
Complete case report forms, maintain up-to-date research logs, schedule appointments, prepare patient recruitment letters, and various other study correspondence as required.
Educate patients about clinical research protocols, study requirements and expectations.
Adhere to legal, professional and ethical codes with respect to confidentiality and privacy.
Collaborate with other members of the research team to ensure consistent practice in patient care management.
Monitor on-site study sites to meet with, assist and consult with study investigators
Recruit and schedule all study site personnel as required.
Ensure compliance with subject consenting and reporting of adverse events and side effects.
Track the expenditures for all study-related activities, including supplies and equipment.
Create study documents, including protocols and amendments thereof, consent forms, data collections forms.
Provide inputs to final reports that document the research findings for human use protocols including, but not limited to those listed above.
Possess a Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing from a nursing program accredited by the National League for Nursing Accrediting Committee (NLAC).
1. Possess a current unrestricted license to practice as a registered nurse in any of the 50 States, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, the U.S. Territory of Guam or the U.S. Virgin Islands.
2. Possess current clinical competence with the preceding 24 months.
3. Posses and maintain either of the following is preferred but not required:
Certification as a Clinical Research Associate (CRA) from the Association of Clinical Research Professionals (ACRP).
1. Certification as a Clinical Research Coordinator (CCRC) from the Association of Clinical Research Professionals (ACRP).
2. Possess a minimum of 24 months experience coordinating human research protocols.
3. Possess current certification in American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support (BLS) for Health Care Providers or American Red Cross (ARC) Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) for the Professional Rescuer.
Must be a US Citizen.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer – Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.