The Staff Accountant, Capital Control is responsible for supporting the Capital Control team by executing key capital functions. This individual will maintain be responsible for proper handling of all commitments and invoicing requirements. This position requires general accounting knowledge in addition to strong analytical skills. The Staff Accountant will additionally perform other duties as assigned.
- Create contracts, change orders and purchase orders for capital processing.
- Obtain exceptions for contracts for Macy’s Capital Control, where needed.
- Apply labor chargeouts for capital projects to owned/lease vendors and internal cost centers.
- Create expense contracts (i.e. non-operating expense) as needed.
- Resolve invoicing and other vendor inquiries for capital.
- Complete balance sheet reconciliations.
- Process and reconcile Visual Capital FedEx and UPS invoices. Process journal entries associated with FedEx p-card payments.
- Create and process journal entries as necessary for the department.
- Create excel based worksheets which display financial statistics
- Answer accounting and financial questions by researching data
- Provide ad hoc reporting and special projects as needed.
- Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
- 4 year college degree required, preferably in Accounting or Finance.
- 1-2 years or more experience in Accounting or Finance.
- Previous experience working with capital budgets a plus but not required.
- Ability to read, write, and interpret documents.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong mathematical & analytical skill set – ability to quickly identify correlations and anomalies.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities.
- This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting, hearing, and talking.
- May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
- May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.
- Involves use of hands and fingers for typing on keyboard and using a mouse.
- May be a need to move or lift items under 10 pounds.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Organized and collaborative, team player, strong follow–up skills and sense of urgency.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy’s Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.