Comcast’s Technology & Product organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating apps like TVGo to new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards.
We are the future of television, and the leading provider of online video publishing and management solutions. We help some of the world’s largest broadcasters, cable operators, and media companies manage and publish their content online and on mobile. Some of our customers include SyFy, Fox Sports Network, NBC Sports, CNBC, National Geographic, Comcast, BT, CBC, Travel Channel, Weather Company and more. As a strategic business unit of Comcast, we enjoy the benefits of a relationship with a large company while keeping the agility of a startup.
Our team’s mission is to empower engineering teams to build, test, deploy and operate their own products. We achieve this by leading the adoption of Continuous Delivery and Dev/Ops philosophies, modernizing the company’s product architectures to be cloud compatible, and providing an Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) that our engineering teams can consume. We are leveraging both established and emerging technologies, such as OpenStack, AWS, Docker, Kubernetes and Ansible.
Ideal candidates will be equally comfortable and interested in prototyping solutions, writing design documents, implementing and testing code, scripting automated workflows and consulting with engineering teams on the best way to integrate. We value cultural fit, intelligence, self-motivation, empathy and passion for learning as much or more than matching experience. If this sounds like a role you would enjoy, but you’re concerned about specific details below, please apply anyway. You might be the perfect person for us.
As an Sr. Infrastructure Engineer, you will be designing and implementing systems to enable software deployments to multiple cloud infrastructures. You will be integral in building open source tools that power our Infrastructure as a Serivce (IaaS) and Platform as a Service (PaaS).
- Design and implement systems to power our IaaS platform
- Create design specifications and standards for Cloud Operations
- Consult with engineering teams on Cloud best practices
- Participate in on-call rotation for production systems
- Mentor and develop junior team members on Cloud Technologies
- 5+ Years of experience designing, planning and implementing highly available production systems.
- 5+ Years of experience managing or troubleshooting Linux/Unix systems.
- Experience deploying Cloud Infrastructure in any Public or Private Cloud
- Ability to code in at least one C based language (Java/Perl/Python/Ruby)
- Ability to rapidly learn new technologies and software languages.
- Ability to work collaboratively or independently to deliver results.
- Strong working knowledge of TCP/IP fundamentals
- Strong working knowledge of Cloud Governance and Costing
- Ability to automate infrastructure with Ansible or Chef is a plus
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer