Candidates should have a broad and deep set of skills that can be leveraged. Experience working directly with customers is required, and prior experience working with partner ecosystems is a plus. You will get the opportunity to work directly with senior engineers at both top software vendors and AWS service teams, influencing their roadmaps and driving innovation. Previous AWS experience is preferred but not required. Strong public speaking and writing skills are required. In this role, candidates will also have the opportunity to write white papers, deliver technical webinars, and speak at events.
This position can be located in any city where we have major operations.
AWS is one of Amazon’s fastest growing businesses, servicing millions of customers all over the world, reshaping the way global enterprises consume information technology, and powering the developers who are building the next generation of global industry leaders. AWS customers include some of the most innovative startups like Netflix, Airbnb and Instagram, as well as some of the largest global enterprises like Shell, Unilever, Hitachi, Sharp, and Samsung.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
- 7+ years of highly technical, hands-on job experience
- 2+ years of experience with container technology including Docker and Kubernetes
- 5+ years working with software and hardware solutions used in large enterprises
- 5+ years in a customer / partner facing role or extensive experience working with internal business leads to develop solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
- Strong presentation and written communication skills
- An advanced degree in computer science, engineering or mathematics
- 3+ years experience building and designing solutions that run in virtualized environments
- Previous experience performing migrations from on-premises systems to AWS is desirable.