Are you passionate about improving the satisfaction of millions of Windows customers by building world class Data Inventory and Analysis tools? Do you want to work in cutting edge technologies that involve Machine Learning, AI and Big Data? Do you enjoy working in small, agile teams? If yes, this may be the opportunity for you!
The Windows Compatibility team is looking for an enthusiastic, strong developer to join the team building a suite a products that enable data-driven decisions that shape future Windows products. As a developer on this team, you will have the opportunity to solve challenging problems, learn about the tools and technologies Microsoft uses to collect and analyze large amounts of data, learn about different aspects of Windows and impact a very large customer base. Our work enables data driven decisions at all layers in the Windows business!
You will work in a rewarding, agile environment that is constantly learning and improving. You will participate in all stages of constructing software: from conception of an idea to planning, requirements definition, development, testing, Metrics/KPIs and operationalization.
- Highly functional team environment with many challenging, but tractable problems across different technical domains.
- A strong focus building not only great products, but also great organizations. We take people development and career growth very seriously. We encourage personal initiatives to grow your skills and improve the team.
- A commitment to quality: we are constantly improving our design and engineering through exploration and experimentation. Our engineers are encouraged to apply Windows engineering best practices to all stages of their work (design, Code reviews, Pre Production Environment, unit testing, etc.).
- Customer obsession: Our data tools ship to and encompass the entire Windows install base. As so, Data Quality, Accuracy and Privacy are key to our success. You will have opportunities to learn about evolving compliance requirements and make sure we always meet them.
- Impact across Windows: Compatibility is a core area with unique opportunities to architect and innovate important work. Compatibility impacts and is impacted by several of the teams developing Windows.
- Lots of learning opportunities that will serve you well for many years to come.
- A degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience (MS, or BS with 1+ years of experience)
- 2+ years developing software using C#, C and C++ (required).
- Past experience working in Big Data projects is a strong plus.
- Past experience working in ML/AI projects is a plus.
- Technical experience in designing, coding, and reviewing robust, scalable, understandable code.
- A strong focus on engineering excellence (best practices, design/code reviews, clear and maintainable code).
- Strong communication and collaboration skills: working closely with PM and the rest of the team.