Avvo is seeking an experienced Analyst with a track record helping consumer-focused companies grow. You are an organized self-starter with a keen business sense who loves digging into data to understand trends and performance. You thrive on translating data into insights to identify opportunities for growth and can effectively communicate them internally. The ideal candidate is a creative thinker who can recommend, plan, and execute an analytical approach that results in actionable business improvements. You’re also a team player who likes a fast-paced environment and wants to join a company with significant growth potential that offers a ton of opportunity to build your skills.
In this role you will:
- As an analyst embedded on a cross-functional team you will serve as a subject matter expert and mentor around data analysis and related best practices.
- Work closely with the business teams to translate business requirements into clear and concise written requirements to partner with Data Engineers and build next generation Business Intelligence solutions
- Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis to identify trends and new opportunities.
- Work closely with product teams to drive product innovation through actionable analytics.
- Analyze and interpret the results of product experiments using A/B testing and other statistical techniques.
- Develop visualizations and other methods for conveying key insights and reports.
- Support ad hoc reporting and business analysis related to existing and potential new products
- Deliver presentations to senior leadership, including c-level executives and present complex analytical findings
- Strong analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities
- 3+ years experience in a hands-on analytical role with a focus on analyzing business problems and making product and feature recommendations
- Highly proficient in tools used for data analysis and reporting (SQL, Excel, Tableau)
- Solid proficiency with Google Analytics or other web analytics platform
- Ability to communicate complex quantitative analyses and business needs in a clear, precise, and actionable manner to diverse audiences
- Proficiency with Tableau
- Knowledge of R, Python, or similar
Avvo is a fast-moving, data-driven tech company and the Business Intelligence team plays a vital role in helping our product managers and other stakeholders shape our services.
As an experienced business analyst, you’d help measure and improve the performance of our e-commerce platform and help grow our mobile presence ( http://www.macworld.com/article/3075488/software-lifestyle/avvo-review-on-demand-legal-advice-for-the-iphone-generation.html ). You would work across teams to help translate raw data into actionable insights and to identify actionable opportunities. This is a great fit for someone who loves solving interesting problems and seeing their insights turn into product changes.
Avvo is a dog-friendly office! In addition to our awesome culture, we offer an AMAZING benefit package (we pay 100% of our employee premium costs and 50% of their dependents – plus 100% of your medical deductible), free legal advice, an ORCA card, up to three weeks of vacation your first year – and more!
Avvo is centrally located in downtown Seattle just a few blocks away from the Westlake Center. We are a key member of Seattle’s tech community and are backed by top venture capital firms, including Benchmark Capital, TCV, and others.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.