The world’s leading private security organization, G4S, has an immediate job opportunity for a Safety Specialist. As a Safety Specialist, you will assist with development, implementation, monitoring, and managing safety programs, policies, and procedures in a robust Environmental Health & Safety (EH&S) environment. You will be responsible for working with internal and external departments to minimize occupational health and safety risks and manage compliance with applicable regulations and guidelines. Working with the client manager of EH&S, this position will oversee and manage the company’s annual OSHA reporting.
G4S is a security provider for the United States government, fortune 500 companies, nuclear power plants, oil and gas companies, airport, ports, banks, hospitals, factories, warehouses, commercial facilities, residential communities and much more.
G4S offers job security, excellent pay and benefits, and career opportunities. We offer entry level careers, management careers, sales careers and executive careers across the United States and internationally.
Specific Duties and Essential Functions
- Monitor and analyze EH&S Data and calculate metrics and key performance indicators. Monitor and maintain databases to ensure data is accurate and current
- Provide quality assurance and oversight on safety programs and systems including, OSHA compliance, Safety Committees, Audit Reports and Life Safety Systems
- Work with internal and external partners to develop and maintain SharePoint sites and EH&S Scorecards
- Oversee and manage annual OSHA Reporting
- Support EH&S communications to include newsletter development and distribution, 10 Minute Trainers, and Risk Alerts
- Provide administrative support for web based safety systems
The Ideal Candidate
Education, Licenses and Certifications Required
- Bachelor’s degree in an area of study relevant to safety / criminal justice / risk management or related field
Type and Length of Specific Experience Required
- Must possess a minimum 1 year of safety experience
- Excellent computer skills with extensive experience in MS Office including Excel
- Work history must include demonstration of each of the following:
- Drive to continually work to solve problems and improve processes
- Ability to analyze EH&S Data, calculate metrics and key performance indicators
- Ability to complete OSHA 300 and 300A logs
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks, pay close attention to detail, be well organized, and work successfully in a fast paced environment
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Active listening skills
- Ability to assess and evaluate situations effectively
- Ability to identify critical issues quickly and accurately
- Attention to detail
- Must be at least 18 years old or the minimum age required by the state, if higher
- Must be a U.S. citizen or a foreign citizen authorized to legally work in the United States
- Must not use illegal drugs. Must be able to pass a drug test with negative results (except when undergoing documented medical treatment).
- Must submit to an extensive background check, including criminal history, personal references, employment and education verifications, and Department of Motor Vehicle and credit checks if applicable
- Must be able to provide, upon job offer, a DD214 discharge document with discharge status indicated, if prior military
Physical Requirements and Environment
Environment: Office; minimal to no exposure to extreme temperatures is expected
Major or special activity: Working on PC while sitting; talking on the telephone
Physical efforts to carry out job duties: Limited, to include some standing, bending, limited stretching and reaching.
About The Company
EOE Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
G4S is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
and an Alcohol- and Drug-Free Workplace
If you have any questions regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action or Diversity and Inclusion, or have difficulty using the online system and require an alternate method to apply, please contact our Corporate Human Resources Department at (800) 506-6265.
To receive an update on your application status, please contact our local office by following this link: http://www.g4s.us/en-US/Site%20Tools/Contact%20us/