University Recruiting Diversity Program Manager
The Microsoft University Recruiting (UR) team is responsible for globally sourcing candidates for placement into full-time and intern positions across Microsoft.
University Recruiting requires problem solvers who enjoy evaluating and seizing opportunities. As a University Recruiting Program Manager, you have a solid working experience coordinating and driving projects. The ideal candidate works well in tight deadline-driven, cross-group situations to develop solutions and communicate common results. You’re obsessed with organization and enjoy collaborating with others. You are passionate delivering meaningful diversity solutions and focused on rigorous goal-setting, continuous process improvement, and mentorship.
Manage University Recruiting presence at Global Talent Acquisition identified Diversity Conferences (such as Grace Hopper, NSBE, SHPE, NBMBAA, Prospanica, etc.) including:
- Hold core team/project team meetings
- Identify & managing project risks to mitigation and closure
- Communicate project status & milestones to management & stakeholders
- Conduct postmortems/after-action reviews and share learnings with team
- Design processes
- Define candidate experiences – customer mapping
- Create success metrics and driving the project team to meet that criteria
- Deliver all programs & projects on time and on budget (be ready to manage the project budget and make well-informed trade-offs)
- Manage internal processes for the team (as needed to support proper portfolio management)
- Develop communications to stakeholders ensuring they are aligned to the team’s larger communication plan
- Support the broader program efforts of the diversity team
Skills and Qualifications:
- 5+ years of experience in recruitment, strategic marketing or operations experience, including project management and/or event management
- Experience in Diversity & Inclusion and facilitating D&I training
- BA/BA degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience delivering programs for large, cross-functional audiences
- Experience using data-driven decision making
- Experience developing training and educational resources and services
- Experience effectively partnering with stakeholders including HR and Business teams to build effective Diversity/HR programs and strategies
- Ability to influence without authority, think proactively, and function independently
- Strong analytic skills as well as an ability to balance strategy and program management
- Ability to develop quick turn-around, practical recommendations based on data and research to inform strategic decisions in a fast-moving environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills especially focused on conveying complex information in an approachable manner
- Good interpersonal skills and experience working on cross-functional teams
- Excellent organization skills with the ability to manage heavy workloads and multiple tasks
- Ability to prioritize and exercise good business judgment to manage work load and impact to the business
- Ability to push back when requests do not align to the strategic plan
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.