Medical Office- Call Center Operator
Primary duties include, but are not limited to:
- Answer telephone promptly and in a polite and professional manner.
- Schedule appointments and review appointment date, time, location, and provider name with caller.
- Obtain and enter accurate demographic information into practice management system (address, telephone number, name of insurance or self-pay status).
- Answer questions and offer other information, as requested, to provide patient-focused service and a positive impression of the organization.
- Make calls to remind or reschedule appointments.
- Use sound judgment in handling calls, especially with upset patients.
- Understand when to escalate calls to physicians/practice manager/triage nurse.
- At least 1-2 years of experience in a medical office environment
- Experience providing high-level of customer service
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to handle a “call center” environment: work quickly and multi-task.
- Must be able to work flexible hours Monday-Friday.
- Experience using AdvancedMD preferred.
Job Type: Full-time