Did you know that Gartner positioned eXcell as a Leader in its Magic Quadrant for End User Outsourcing? Come work for the leader today!
The Linux Support Engineer will be collectively working with software engineers to ensure the entire global server stack is operating optimally. Candidate will continuously identify areas of growth within the existing frameworks, tools and processes to develop further technical mechanisms to reduce waste and continuously improve.
- Be part of the team that shapes the automation future in Networking
- Use existing tools and frameworks to resolve operational tickets
- Participate in an on call rotation with your team
- Set up existing stacks for new regions and provide feedback to software engineers on the process to ensure it becomes hands free
- Improve processes by identifying issues and patterns and contributing to new standard operating procedures
- Work on day-to-day operational events using the ticketing system
- Be mentored by senior systems engineers, including involvement in the formulation of a structured training plan
- Participate in setting the architectural direction of the team through influencing the technical roadmap
- 2+ years of related work experience
- Linux experience from provisioning to performance tuning, and a solid grasp on operating system fundamentals
- Ability to interact efficiently with peers and customers required
- Desire and ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Experience in working with Linux / Unix environments
- Basic Ethernet and IP networking knowledge
- Experience with Chef / Puppet a plus
- Python, Ruby, Bash scripting a plus
- Ideal candidate will have experience at depth in Linux internals, software engineering and have been exposed to networking
- Excellent written and verbal communication skill
- Excellent leadership skills and teamwork skills
- Ideal candidate is highly autonomous and very detail oriented
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering or related technical discipline or relevant experience
W2 only, no Corp to Corp. We are unable to sponsor H1B visas at this time. **eXcell™ Supports Equal Employment Opportunity** eXcell™, a division of CompuCom® Systems, Inc., a global company headquartered in Bellevue, Washington, provides IT staffing services and solutions to Fortune 1000 companies as well as small and medium business. For more information, visit www.excell.com.