We currently have an opportunity for a Lean Specialist to join the Local Government Performance Center team. This position can have broad impact across the state by assisting local governments successfully implement process improvement initiatives by providing Lean/Six Sigma tools, training and by facilitating Kaizen workshops offered by the Local Government Performance Center.
The State Auditor’s Office developed the Local Government Performance Center to provide tools and resources to local governments to assist them with reducing costs, solving problems, and improving the value of services to citizens. The Center offers training and tools to help local governments improve performance and effectiveness.
In a recent performance management needs assessment, 72 percent of city and county respondents told the Local Government Performance Center that they were unfamiliar or need help with successfully implementing process improvement techniques. This position has been created to address this need.
The primary responsibility of this position will be to provide process improvement training, facilitate Kaizen events, and follow up assistance for local governments. This includes ensuring that resources and instructional materials are developed, updated as necessary and maintained to meet ongoing needs. The position will also be responsible for establishing a library of these resources in electronic format to be made available to clients.
Additionally, this position may provide training and technical support to State Auditor’s Office LEAN project teams.
- Three to five years experience applying Lean or Six Sigma process improvement methodologies including standards, principles, techniques and tools (preferably some of this experience with state or local governments).
- Experience developing and delivering classroom training on the application of Lean or Six Sigma methodologies.
- Demonstrated ability to provide guidance to process improvement teams and encourage ongoing promotion of a culture of continuous improvement.
- A bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or a related field.
- Certification in Lean (Gold, Silver, Bronze) or Six Sigma (Master Black belt, Black Belt, or Green Belt)
- Ability to work with senior executives and line staff in achieving tangible results;
- Excellent facilitation and communications skills;
- Excellent interpersonal communications skills;
- Demonstrated ability to perform root cause analysis;
- Ability to work with diverse groups and lead them to a consensus;
- Strong consulting skills;
- The ability to work proactively under minimal supervision and be accountable to produce quality work in a timely manner;
- Organization and time management skills.
To apply: Please submit your application, resume and letter of interest detailing your experience and how you meet the qualifications for this position.
Salary: Up to $7,537 per month, depending upon qualifications. This position is exempt from Civil Service.
Applicant evaluations will be ongoing and it may be to your advantage to submit materials expeditiously.
If you are a US veteran and would like to apply for Veteran’s Preference, please attach a copy of your separation orders or documents that characterize honorable discharge.
Questions may be directed to the applications unit at firstname.lastname@example.org .
The Office of the Washington State Auditor is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with a disability, who need assistance in the application or testing process, or who need this announcement in an alternative format, may call (360) 725-5367 or via the telecommunications relay service by dialing 7-1-1.