Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world’s best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
We are the future of television, and the leading provider of online video publishing and management solutions. We help some of the world’s largest broadcasters, cable operators, and media companies manage and publish their content online and on mobile. Some of our customers include SyFy, Fox Sports Network, NBC Sports, CNBC, National Geographic, Comcast, BT, CBC, Travel Channel, Weather Company and more. As a strategic business unit of Comcast, we enjoy the benefits of a relationship with a large company while keeping the agility of a startup.
Our team’s mission is to empower engineering teams to build, test, deploy and operate their own products. We achieve this by leading the adoption of Continuous Delivery and Dev/Ops philosophies, modernizing the company’s product architectures to be cloud compatible, and providing an Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) that our engineering teams can consume. We are leveraging both established and emerging technologies, such as OpenStack, AWS, Docker, Kubernetes and Ansible.
Ideal candidates will be equally comfortable and interested in prototyping solutions, writing design documents, implementing and testing code, scripting automated workflows and consulting with engineering teams on the best way to integrate. We value cultural fit, intelligence, self-motivation, empathy and passion for learning as much or more than matching experience. If this sounds like a role you would enjoy, but you’re concerned about specific details below, please apply anyway. You might be the perfect person for us.
As an Infrastructure Engineer, you will be focused on full stack ownership of our Infrastructure as a Service platform (IaaS). You will be integral in building open source tools that automate and scale our Cloud Operations.
- Full stack ownership of IaaS – metrics, monitoring and capacity planning
- Write automation to streamline day-to-day Cloud Operations
- Participate in on-call rotation for production systems
- Server as escalation for high severity Cloud incidents
- 1 to 3 Years of experience creating Infrastructure automation
- 1 to 3 Years of experience managing or troubleshooting Linux/Unix systems
- Experience deploying Cloud Infrastructure in any Public or Private Cloud
- Ability to code in at least one C based language (Java/Perl/Python/Ruby)
- Ability to rapidly learn new technologies and software languages.
- Ability to work collaboratively or independently to deliver results.
- Strong working knowledge of TCP/IP fundamentals-Strong working knowledge of Cloud Governance and Costing
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer