POSITION SUMMARY: Provides administrative support to the Human Resources department on various employee matters. Provides advice, assistance and follow-up on company policies, procedures, and documentation. Reports to the Director of HR.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- One to two years’ experience in Human Resources
- Proficiency using MS Office products
- Must have outstanding verbal and written communication skills and the ability to coach, counsel, advise, mentor, and motivate associates and managers at all levels
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated high level of discretion and confidentiality
- Collaboration and team building skills
- Must be highly organized with great attention to detail and able to monitor work for quality
- A Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources
- Three or more years’ experience in Human Resources
- Experience with a HRIS database and ATS.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs customer service functions by answering employee requests and questions.
- Prepares department paperwork including, logs and forms for new employment, terminations, and employment status changes; ensures confidentiality of communications and distribution of materials; collects and files pre-employment documentation with appropriate authorizations.
- Supports selection process by ordering pre-employment background tests and reference checks.
- Provide administrative support for the onboarding process by preparing packages for new employees/interns orientation; communicating equipment needs and computer access, creating a welcome announcement.
- Coordinates the temporary employee process and communicates with respective hiring managers the procedures and necessary forms and agreements.
- Assists with the preparation of the performance review forms. Maintains records and monitors the submission of performance appraisal forms to HR.
- Assists with the employee exit process by processing of terminations and documentation for the exit interview process.
- Schedules and coordinates logistics for meetings including company All Staff Meeting, new employee orientations, and training sessions. Sends announcements and agendas, reserves rooms, orders audio-visual equipment, and orders food and beverage.
- Process invoices and provide support with expenses
- Works closely with benefits, payroll, and compensation departments to resolve employee issues
- Performs clerical functions including preparing correspondence, ordering supplies, processing departmental mail, making photocopies and faxes, and filing.
- Maintains the Human Resources files and file room. Prepares new employee files. Files papers and documents into appropriate employee files.
- Maintains and updates HR data
- Maintain compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefits laws and regulations.
- Compiles reports from databases.
- Responsible for updating company organization charts and employee directory.
NON-ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assists VP and Director of HR with various research projects and/or special projects.
- Performs other duties as required and assigned.
The statements contained in this position description are not necessarily all-inclusive, additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned and requirements may vary from time to time.
Professional business references, background check and a drug test will be required for all final applicants selected for a position. In accepting a position, it is understood that continued employment is contingent upon a satisfactory background check & negative drug test. A satisfactory background check is the absence of a criminal record which bears a demonstrable relationship to the applicant/employee’s suitability to perform the required duties and responsibilities of the position.