The HR Generalist supports the Human Resources department by specializing in the areas of payroll, benefits administration, SOX testing, records maintenance and reporting, and personnel changes for a 200+ employee organization.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Payroll Administration: Ensures bi-weekly payroll is completed accurately and in a timely manner in ADP.
- Benefits Administration: Owns benefits administration [i.e., medical, dental, vision, 401k, Ancillary (Life, STD, accident coverage, critical illness, etc.) and HSA/FSA] over the course of the year and open enrollment November – January. Works with benefits broker in order to meet employee needs.
- SOX Testing: Participate in quarterly internal audits. Provide information for Human Resources and payroll audits, as well as perform audits on other departments as assigned.
- Assists with onboarding and exit processes / paperwork for employees and temporary contractors; Creates and maintains employee personnel files in line with government regulations and company policies.
- Assists in implementation of personnel policies and procedures.
- Maintains Human Resource Information System records and compiles reports from database.
- Maintains compliance records and reporting required by federal and state entities.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and ADP.
- Able to handle sensitive information and maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Strong time management, collaboration, and verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Able to work productively and independently.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Demonstrated ability to collaborate with all levels of an organization.
- Knowledge of HR principles and practices of personnel administration.
- Experience in a manufacturing company is preferred but not required.
- SOX (Sarbanes-Oxley Act) reporting experience is preferred but not required.
- Experience with administration of workers compensation programs preferred.
- Familiarity with HIPAA, FMLA, OSHA and related state and federal regulations is preferred but not required.
Experience & Education
- Bachelor’s degree combined with at least 1-2 years of Human Resources experience.
Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC) is a leading worldwide, diversified manufacturer of complex metal components and products. It serves the aerospace, power, and general industrial markets. PCC is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, and forged components used in jet aircraft engines and industrial gas turbines. Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over $10 billion company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffet, acquired Precision Castparts Corp. Mr. Buffet stated, “I’ve admired PCC’s operation for a long time. For good reasons, it is the supplier of choice for the world’s aerospace industry, one of the largest sources of American exports. Berkshire’s Board of Directors is proud that PCC has joined Berkshire.”
PCC Aerostructures is a leading supplier of complex components and assemblies to the global aerospace industry.
PCC Aerostructures now includes 38 plants in the U.S, Europe and Asia with over 6000 employees and has ambitious growth plans. Businesses within PCC Aerostructures include Primus International, SPS Aerostructures, Centra, Avibank and AVK, Klune, Noranco, ProCoat, Southwest United Industries, Progressive Incorporated, Synchronous, and Kalistrut. Plants locations include Washington, Utah, California, Oklahoma, Kentucky, Kansas, Texas, Ohio, Canada, Mexico, the UK and China.
Located in Spanish Fork Utah, Klune Industries develops and produces hard metal complex machined parts and assemblies for aerospace and commercial markets in the United States, and internationally.