1st 6:00am – 2:30pm
2nd 2:00pm – 10:30
Graveyard 10:00pm-6:30am Sunday – Thursday
Located in Kent Washington, Protective Coatings offers a complete range of finishing capabilities including various coating technologies, shot peening, plating, and variety of chemical treatments. The Company was founded in 1976 and has become the largest metal finishing operation focused in the aerospace industry. They were acquired by Precision Castparts in December 2012, and became part of its Aerostructures Division. Staffed with 320 employees, the facility generates annual revenue in excess of $30 million.
Protective Coatings has a reputation for quality, reliability, and timeliness. Their key customers include Boeing, Bombardier, Gulfstream, and Lockheed Martin. Protective Coatings is fully certified for IS0 9001 and holds Revision “C” registration for AS9100. The Company applies finishes to approximately half a billion dollars’ worth of its customer’s parts each year.
What we’re looking for:
- Experience — Spray gun paint experience preferred, but not required; proficient using HVLP paint guns, with a strong preference for aerospace experience as opposed to commercial. Not looking for roller painting experience.
- Flexibility — willingness to be flexible with hours.
- Self-motivated, team players
- Sprays surfaces of machines, manufactured products, or working area with protective or decorative material such as paint, enamel, glaze, gel-coat, or lacquer by performing the following duties.
- Cleans grease and dirt from product.
- Selects and mixes coating liquid to produce desired color.
- Pours coating liquid into spray container and connects gun to air-hose.
- Turns sprayer valves and nozzle to regulate width and pressure of spray.
- Pulls trigger and directs spray onto work surface to apply prime or finish coat.
- Cleans spraying equipment and brushes with solvent.
- Routes parts to curing ovens
- Routes parts to test area
Precision Castparts Corp. is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.