- Work with the audio team to implement new features and improve existing audio systems.
- Work closely with the audio design team to improve our audio tools and workflows.
- Work with other engineers to interface audio systems to other game systems.
- Design, document, implement systems and test plans to achieve the team’s vision.
- Maintain and expand our audio technology to enable our designers to create world class game audio.
- 3+ years as an Audio/Sound Software Engineer.
- Fluent in C++, strong C# skills.
- BS/BEng in Math, CS or equivalent.
- Experience with audio middleware (preferably Wwise) and/or other low-level audio APIs (e.g. XAudio2).
- Experience working with large complex codebases.
- Experience creating interactive audio software.
- Experience creating tools and working with asset pipelines.
- Technical knowledge of the principles of sound and audio manipulation.
- Lua, Python.
- 3D Math.
- Knowledge and/or experience of audio DSP technology or audio synthesis.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.