Voice Communications Engineer Senior 139 views
- Performs daily database and database application support which includes the following tasks: Contributing to 24x7x365 staff coverage, Oracle, SQL Server, MongoDB and MariaDB, MySQL, Hadoop, Redshift, AWS EMR database and application server administration.
- Assists with all duties related to on-going operational database infrastructure on premise and in the cloud.
- Creates and maintains database objects.
- Monitors, troubleshoots and resolves failed tasks or database issues.
- May create databases, database clusters, assign permissions and resolve connectivity issues.
- Assists IT management in prioritizing database administration team projects.
- Daily monitoring of database storage allocation and usage as well as other resource usage.
- Assists with backup standards and schedules, and recovery procedures.
- Security plan development, testing and maintenance. Intent of this security plan is to establish a means of providing complete accountability for any and all use of the databases.
- Develops and maintains the portions of the disaster recovery plan that pertain to the database servers and provide documentation of the steps necessary to perform the disaster recovery process. This documentation must provide detailed instructions on how to perform the disaster recovery plan at a level of explanation that any member of IT would be able to perform the steps.
- Advises developers/end users on issues such as database design and application architecture.
- Provides performance turning related to database technology and database/server configuration.
- Provides Technical guidance to teammates.
- Exports/Imports data and data replication.
- Job and Events scheduling.
- Manage special projects as assigned.
General Job Information
Voice Communications Engineer Senior
IT Infrastructure Engineering
United States of America
United States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date
Date Requisition Created
Bachelors: Computer and Information Science (Required)
License and Certifications – Required
License and Certifications – Preferred
Other Job Requirements
2+ years minimum experience deploying and/or administrating infrastructure solutions or database administration.
Strong working knowledge of automated deployment and Cloud platforms.
AWS Sysops certification or certifications in VMware, Microsoft, Cisco, Avaya, Oracle, SQL Server.
Two or more certifications of the following preferred – AWS Sysops certification, AWS Solutions architect associate certification, MTA, MSCA, Cisco-CCNA, CCNP , Database administration (Oracle, SQL Server, MongoDB and MariaDB, MySQL, Hadoop, Redshift, AWS EMR ), Avaya (ACA, ACSS, ASIC, ACE).
Demonstrated problem solving techniques.
Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Willing and able to quickly learn new technology.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled