Strategic Sourcing Consultant 3 168 views
It starts with you. Our goal is to attract, develop, retain and motivate the most talented people – those who care and who work together as partners across business units and functions. We value and promote diversity and inclusion in every aspect of our business and at every level of our organization.
At Wells Fargo, we invest in our people. Our diverse lines of business offer unique opportunities to expand your knowledge and advance your career.
Enterprise Finance plans, tracks, analyzes and reports financial results, manages the company’s balance sheet, including funding, capital and investments; oversees internal real estate needs; drives acquisitions; is responsible for financial controls; and leads corporate strategy. Enterprise Finance identifies areas of financial risk and mitigates efforts appropriately. It works with capital markets to provide lowest possible costs of incremental funding, subject to capital and financial risk management constraints. It improves financial performance by analyzing business unit performance and recommending areas of improvement. The group strives for excellence in customer service and client support by exhibiting behavior that is fair, reasonable, ethical, and professional.
The Wells Fargo Enterprise Finance Strategic Sourcing team is currently seeking a senior level Strategic Sourcing Consultant through engagement of strategic suppliers and application of industry knowledge to support Wells Fargo’s Consumer Lending Group.. This senior level consultant will be responsible for drafting, negotiating, project manage and executing contractual documents including but not limited to master service agreements, transaction agreements, and statements of work; interface with technical teams and line of businesses to interpret technical and business specifications to commercial and financial requirements; and summarize and present business cases and agreements for executive review and approval.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS):
This position is within the Strategic Sourcing Group within the Supply Chain Management organization supporting Wells Fargo’s Consumer Lending Group (CLG) (inclusive of Home Lending and Consumer Lending Risk):
• Demonstrating experience developing and implementing business strategy; have a strong background in market intelligence research, and proficient in negotiation strategy and tactics with technology firms such as IBM, Microsoft, Oracle and Samsung etc.
• Manages spend categories and develops supply chain strategies for medium to high risk and regulated, products, services, and suppliers who have strategic business impacts.
• Provides oversight to the contractual relationships of key vendors.
• Evaluates company purchasing patterns and forecasts trends.
• Reviews and approves benchmark standards and conduct gap analysis with best practices.
• Works with management and key stakeholders across CLG and the Enterprise (when applicable) to determine the long-term needs and applicable supply and service strategies.
• Leads structured analysis of supplier industry, economics, and market conditions.
• Identify and pre-qualify supply alternatives.
• Partners with business groups to coordinate, run, issue, and evaluate sourcing events (RFPs, RFQs, reverse auctions, etc.).
• In collaboration with business stakeholders, determines negotiation strategy and controls all aspects of sourcing and contracts negotiations.
• Customizes legal language and drafts non-standard contract terms and conditions.
• Ensures compliance with legal and regulatory requirements.
• Establishes e-business (procure-to-pay), diversity, environmental and supply chain cost reduction strategies to continually improve category effectiveness and efficiencies.
• Identifies and drives Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) process improvements to reduce costs.
• Acts as the primary liaison for current and potential suppliers; resolves systemic/recurring supplier/customer issues.
• Proactively identifies and escalates risk-related issues and presents resolution options.
• Accountable cost saving and avoidance targets for multiple categories and supplier performance measurements.
• Develops & delivers management reporting.
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, able to clearly and concisely communicate information at multiple levels, adapting easily to change. Capable of effective executive management presentations / communications
• Provide supporting analytics to finance team to validate savings.
• Travel as necessary.
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a diversified, community-based financial services company. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through our many locations, ATMs, the internet (wellsfargo.com) and mobile banking. To learn more, Wells Fargo perspectives are also available at Wells Fargo Blogs and Wells Fargo Stories
- 8+ years of sourcing experience
- Financial services industry experience
- Superior project management skills including the ability to handle multiple projects concurrently
- A Masters of Business Administration (MBA)
- Ability to work effectively, as well as independently, in a team environment
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy skills
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) skills
Other Desired Qualifications
• Strong knowledge and understanding of contract negotiations.
• Strong knowledge and understanding of sourcing methodology.
• Ability to draft complex contractual instruments.
• Demonstrated experience developing and implementing business strategy; have a strong background in market intelligence research, and proficient in negotiation strategy and tactics with technology firms such as IBM, Microsoft, Oracle and Samsung etc.
• Experience & expertise driving negotiations, supplier contracting, sourcing, providing cost & expense analysis and leveraging products & services across a highly mature, integrated and complex supply base.
• Experience sourcing and contracting for software and professional services.
• Experience providing sourcing and contracting support in the mortgage and/or credit industry.
• Cross-industry sourcing, negotiation, and benchmarking experience including prior financial services industry work and a strong understanding of associated regulatory requirements regarding acquisition of goods/services and how they may relate to financial services customer-facing products and services.
• Solid understanding of a large, diversified Financial Services organization’s operations.
• Project management, change management, decision-making, and time management skills.
• Supply chain or Purchasing certification (e.g. CPM or CSCP)
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.