L&I Warehouse & Inventory Specialist, Truck Driver 2 180 views
Application review begins immediately. It is your advantage to apply today. When a sufficient amount of applications are received, we may choose to accept applications from L&I employees only, for the duration of the posting.
This job is one of six warehouse members staff in the Warehouse Operations Section of the Department of Labor and Industries. The Warehouse Operations Section provides supply and facilities maintenance support and field support. This job is part of the Warehouse Support team. The primary function is to deliver supplies and equipment to all the local L&I offices (10-mile radius) and assist with inventory management; receiving, storing, and issuing inventory.
Some of what you’ll do:
- Deliver material on a daily basis. Accept exchange, return, and receive surplus items for return to the warehouse.
- Provide general warehouse support
- Operate the “Procure Plus” Inventory and Materials Management System, FedEx Shipping System, Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- Work the front counter; taking telephone orders, servicing walk-in customers, and receiving shipments.
- Assemble and disassemble various office furniture, equipment and modular systems office furniture.
- Research and corrects inventory discrepancies.
- Operate a medium duty truck (GVW 25,500), electric fork lift (3,500 pound capacity), and electric pallet jack (3,500 pound capacity) and perform pre-operation inspections and operator maintenance on equipment.
- Receive surplus property and prepare the proper documentation for disposition. Coordinate with Department of Enterprise Services or other appropriate agencies to pick up surplus items from the L&I warehouse.
- Perform workstation ergonomic adjustments, office accessory installations, office reconfigurations, and minor office repairs (e.g. replace chair cylinders, align cabinet drawers, and replace workstation light fixtures).
Our ideal candidate – Required Qualifications
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in warehousing, stock keeping, receiving, or shipping in a warehouse, retail store or commissary is required.
- A minimum of 1-year experience performing general mechanical work
- Able to safely operate a medium duty truck (GVW 25,500), electric fork lift (3,500 pound capacity), and electric pallet jack (3,500 pound capacity).
- Able to use hand and power tools with a proficient degree of skill.
- Perform heavy manual tasks such as moving office furniture, and lifting and moving boxes that weigh up to 60 pounds.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and pass a driver’s records check.
- Prepare and maintain inventory records, receive and process shipments and deliveries.
- Use an electronic filing and storage system, maintain, update, and process equipment records and reports.
- Willing and able to work overtime on short notice.
- Willing to perform work that requires standing on a concrete surface for four or more hours at a time.
Nice to have – desired qualifications
- Experience assembling and adjusting Steelcase and Haworth modular furniture.
- Experience using the automated inventory system “Procure Plus”
- Experience using the automated shipping system “FedEx Ground”
- Ship and receive retain goods and supplies, equipment, and furnishings for shipment to another location.
- Pick, pack and ship/issue stock, supplies, equipment to another location
The hiring manager is requesting that you attach the following to your electronic application
- A Letter of Interest describing how you meet the required and desired qualifications for this position;
- A detailed, current, & chronological resume
This job announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Application review starts immediately and the hiring authority reserves the right to offer the job at any time. It’s to your advantage to apply quickly.
Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver’s license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle.
Prior to any new hire into L&I, a background check, including criminal record history, will be conducted.
To apply, follow the “Apply” link above
Jobs advertised as Open Continuous will be closed without notice. Apply quickly!
We’re looking for evidence that you have what we’re looking for. Your application materials will be used for deciding who’ll be selected for interview.
For more information about the Department of Labor & Industries visit: http://www.lni.wa.gov/
Contact us at: Jobs@Lni.wa.gov
L&I strives to attract and retain a high-performing and diverse workforce in which our differences are respected and valued to better meet the needs of the diverse customers we serve. L&I fosters an inclusive environment that promotes safety, collaboration, flexibility and fairness so that all employees can participate and contribute to their full potential.
Persons with a disability, who need assistance in the application process, or those needing this announcement in an alternative format, may call (360) 902-5700. Applicants that are deaf or hard of hearing may call through the Washington Relay Service at 7-1-1.
The State of Washington is an Equal Opportunity Employer
If you have specific questions regarding this position, please contact Amy Kelly at 360.902.4961 or email firstname.lastname@example.org . Please do not contact to inquire about the status of your application.
L&I Warehouse & Inventory Specialist, Truck Driver 2 Supplemental Questionnaire
Are you an L&I employee?
Do you possess two years of experience in warehouse, inventory control, stock keeping, receiving or shipping?
If you answered yes to the previous question, please describe your experience as it relates to this opportunity.
Do you possess one year of experience performing general mechanical maintenance?
If you answered yes to the previous question, please describe your experience performing general mechanical maintenance.
Which of the following equipment can you operate?
Electric fork lift
Electric pallet jack
Medium duty truck up to 26,000 GVW
Use hand and power tools with a proficient degree of skill
Do you possess a valid driver’s license and the ability to pass a driving record screening?
Please describe your ability to use automated inventory and shipping systems in a warehouse environment.
Please choose the MS Office tools you are proficient using in a professional setting:
Which types of systems furniture manufactures do you have experience with?
None of the above
The application process requires you to submit a detailed letter of interest/cover letter and resume for this opportunity. Have you attached both documents?
* Required Question