L&I Information Technology Specialist 4 302 views
The Department of Labor & Industries IT Division is offering an opportunity for a IT expert to join our Application and Data Management team working with a strong team of Application Developers and System Administrators.
As the Information Technology Specialist 4 , you will independently perform Administration and Development of the agency’s Shared Services Enterprise Business Process Management infrastructure known as “Document Workflow Services” (DWS). This job ensures both enterprise content management and workflow systems utilizing IBM FileNet P8 systems and IBM Enterprise Records.
We are looking for someone with senior level technical knowledge and the ability to implement creative solutions in a highly dynamic environment.
Live and Work in Washington
Washington State employment offers a total work/life package of pay, benefits, flexibility and workplace opportunities to help you get the most out of your career and out of life. Washington State is a great place to work, play, and be part of a community. Washington offers a quality of life that is unsurpassed. From the high energy urban center of Seattle, one of the nation’s top ranked cities, to the more relaxed pace of our rural communities, Washington’s distinctive Northwest lifestyle blends a progressive, creative culture with a casual nature. The job is located in Olympia, the capital city of Washington State. Olympia is a vibrant city with a small town feel conveniently situated between Seattle and Portland, Oregon. Mount Rainier and the rugged Cascade Mountains provide majestic scenery to the east while Washington’s Pacific Coast is just an hour drive to the west. Olympia enjoys the benefits of an engaged and educated community and a well-supported school system, augmented by two universities and a community college.
What your initial success looks like
- Understand agency’s IBM Enterprise Business Process Management Infrastructure
- Manage and maintain service requests for work units
- Partner with Application Business owners
This is a snapshot of what you’ll do
- Review System logs for errors and issues.
- Determine compatible components and parts numbers then download using Passport Advantage the IBM FileNet P8 component software.
- Performs maintenance tasks such as Clean out unnecessary VWLog entries using SQL, running FileNet P8 Composite Single server for dev/evaluation and for IBM FileNet P8 BPM upgrades.
- Research, troubleshoot, and resolve in a timely manner issues regarding the IBM P8 Content Foundation System and IBM Enterprise Records.
- Manage HEAT assignments groups for WADS and SOA units to include assigning all incoming HEAT tickets to appropriate technician.
- Change control representative
- Coordinate WADS test lab PC assignments and reservation requests following WADS process.
- Stay current on the latest software languages and development environments.
Our ideal candidate
Four years of Information Technology experience in a professional IT work place.
One year of IBM FileNet P8 BPM Administration (version 4.5 or newer) experience.
Required technical knowledge
- Java 2 Platform, Enterprise Edition (J2EE)
- Visual Studio C# or Visual Basic.Net
- Web Services Description Language WSDL)
- WebSphere Integration Development
- eXtensible Markup language (XML)
- Simple Object Access Protocol (SOAP)
- Team Foundation Server
- Web Services Contract First (WSCF)
- Eclipse for Java 2
- Rational Application Developer for WebSphere Developer
Desirable technical knowledge
- One-year experience with IBM FileNet P8 BPM add-on IBM Enterprise Records (IER)
- One-year experience with IBM FileNet P8 BPM – Programming Content Engine API (.Net/Java)
- One-year experience with IBM FileNet P8 BPM Workflow Process Designer
- One-year experience with IBM FileNet P8 BPM Programming IBM Enterprise Records API (Java)
Some of what we are looking for
- A strong team member with the ability to facilitate communication between IT and business units
- Experience using analytical skills, tools and techniques to investigate information and to draw conclusions
- Experience in diagnosing, isolating and resolving complex issues and implementing strategies to resolve problems
- Experience utilizing verbal and written communication skills articulating and communicating information and ideas to varying audiences and in multiple written styles (persuasive, informative, narrative)
- Acquires knowledge easily and learns on-the-job
The hiring manager is requesting that you attach the following to your electronic application
- A Letter of Interest describing how you meet the required and desired qualifications for this position;
- A detailed, current, & chronological resume
This job announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Application review starts immediately and the hiring authority reserves the right to offer the job at any time. It’s to your advantage to apply quickly.
Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver’s license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle.
Prior to any new hire into L&I, a background check, including criminal record history, will be conducted.
To apply, follow the “Apply” link above
Jobs advertised as Open Continuous will be closed without notice. Apply quickly!
We’re looking for evidence that you have what we’re looking for. Your application materials will be used for deciding who’ll be selected for interview.
For more information about the Department of Labor & Industries visit: http://www.lni.wa.gov/
Contact us at: Jobs@Lni.wa.gov
L&I strives to attract and retain a high-performing and diverse workforce in which our differences are respected and valued to better meet the needs of the diverse customers we serve. L&I fosters an inclusive environment that promotes safety, collaboration, flexibility and fairness so that all employees can participate and contribute to their full potential.
Persons with a disability, who need assistance in the application process, or those needing this announcement in an alternative format, may call (360) 902-5700. Applicants that are deaf or hard of hearing may call through the Washington Relay Service at 7-1-1.
The State of Washington is an Equal Opportunity Employer
If you have specific questions regarding this position, please contact Amy Kelly at 360.902.4961 or email email@example.com . Please do not contact to inquire about the status of your application.
L&I Information Technology Specialist 4 Supplemental Questionnaire
Are you an L&I employee?
Which best describes your level of education in Computer Science or Information Technology?
Some training courses
No formal education
Which best describes you full-time experience working in a professional IT workplace troubleshooting, analyzing, designing, configuring, implementing and maintaining and/or programming computer software applications or databases?
limited to no experience
Which technologies or programs do you have professional experience?
Java 2 Platform, Enterprise Edition (J2EE)
Visual Studio C# or Visual Basic.Net
Web Services Description Language WSDL)
WebSphere Integration Development
eXtensible Markup language (XML)
Simple Object Access Protocol (SOAP)
Team Foundation Server
Web Services Contract First (WSCF)
Eclipse for Java 2
Rational Application Developer for WebSphere Developer
None of the above
Please describe your experience with IBM FileNet.
Have you attached your resume and letter of interest?
* Required Question