Bookkeeper/Office Administrator 122 views
SPECIAL NOTIFICATION: This position is exempt from classified state service and the rules of the Division of Human Resources and the Idaho Personnel Commission.
Idaho Beef Council
The Idaho Beef Council (IBC) is seeking applicants for a Bookkeeper/Office Administrator position. This is a full-time, permanent position. The normal work hours for this position are Monday through Friday, 8:00 am until 5:00 pm. However, the individual will occasionally work evening or week-end hours for meetings or events. The position is located in Boise, Idaho.
The Idaho Beef Council is a state agency which operates to provide education about beef and increase the consumer demand for beef. As one of the leading agricultural industries in Idaho, the cattle business touches many Idahoans every day – from the ranchers to the processors and plant workers, to delivery truck drivers to restaurant operators and supermarket managers. In the end, it benefits the people who eat it by providing safe, wholesome and nutritious products that fuel our bodies.
There are over 9,700 cattle operations in Idaho. Cattle and calves ranked second only to milk in 2012 for all Idaho agricultural commodities in terms of cash receipts.
Cattle are raised in every Idaho county, with the largest production in the southern part of the state. Small independently owned operations are still the backbone of the Idaho cattle industry. Despite the large holdings of corporate operations headquartered in Idaho such as Simplot and Agri-Beef, most Idaho cattle are raised and fed on privately owned ranches and feedlots.
The IBC is looking for a committed, hard-working, honest individual to represent this important Idaho industry and ensure Idaho Cattle Producers’ funds are utilized effectively and accounted for appropriately.
- Maintain office including managing office systems, answering phones, providing customer support, procurement of office supplies, preparing/distributing notices and correspondence, implement office procedures/protocols, maintain all files, as well as general program support.
- Maintain financial records including A/R and A/P, ensuring all financial deadlines are met.
- Maintain QuickBooks files, including chart of accounts, customers, vendors, inventory, etc.
- Process payroll and maintain/distribute employee benefits information.
- Maintain HR files.
- Reconcile bank accounts and prepare month-end closing and financial statements.
- Prepare financial and other reports.
- Ensure compliance with all IRS regulations and payment of taxes, including W-2’s and tax reports.
- Ensure compliance with National and State programs.
- Assist with budget preparation, month-end and year-end financial reporting.
- Organize meeting and event arrangements. Record meeting proceedings.
- Manage Team Beef program.
- Prepare and coordinate distribution of marketing materials.
- Represent the IBC at various consumer events and producer meetings.
- Handle other duties as assigned.
- Proficient in accounting principles and practices.
- Proficient in MS Office programs and QuickBooks.
- Extremely organized.
- Outstanding attention to detail.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Excellent ability to organize, prioritize and work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to improve and streamline tasks at hand.
- Ambitious, flexible, team player.
- Minimum 3 years related work experience.
- Two-year degree in accounting, finance, bookkeeping or related field.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS AND INFORMATION
- Must be a beef consumer.
- QuickBooks certified preferred.
- Four-year degree preferred.
- Experience with Idaho State Agency preferred.
- Knowledge of the beef industry or agriculture helpful.
- The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who is able to balance a wide array of different projects in a fast-paced environment.
- A valid driver’s license and good driving record is required.
- Some travel and/or nights and weekends required.
- Must be willing and able to lift 25 pounds; move and carry materials; and work inside and out.
- Salary will be negotiated based on skills and experience.
- Full benefits package including medical, dental and vision insurance, PERSI retirement, and paid vacation and holidays. (https://dhr.idaho.gov/StateEmployees/Benefits.html)
$16.50 – $21.50 DOE (Please include hourly rate requirement in cover letter).
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a cover letter and resume (including references) to:
Idaho Beef Council
1951 W. Frederic Lane, Boise, ID 83705
Fax: (208) 376-6002
No walk-ins accepted.
Hiring is done without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age or disability. In addition, preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and regulations. If you need special accommodations to satisfy testing requirements, please contact the Division of Human Resources.